GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you do when you intesely dislike someone?

mj412

Oh man Yes I admit it I have people in my life I dislike I will even say hate.

Vickles post helped me think of this topic.

What do I do? I will be honest if I have disliked them for more than twenty years (family members that will not go away) I am not nice in fact I am rude to them and let them clearly know their opinion or talk means little or nothing to me.

If it is someone at work I try to work around them and carry on , at times it is difficult but I have a hopeless attitude when it comes to some folks,(not saying this is right but I believe I can not change people) I do not always try to give them "honey" to turn the situation around , maybe I should.

We all have people that rub us wrong Im talking about relationships that SUCK, that trouble me and put a burr in in my life everytimne I try to deal with them.

I get frustrated and sometimes lose my temper as well.

I am a christian but I will admit my relationships are not always smooth and loving and full of the glory of God almighty.

It seems the older I get the less tolerance I have for back biting bastards who claim to love me or I have to just be around. I do not think Im alone giving the level of anxiety meds and happy anitdepressants taken by our culture.

any comments or practical solutions?

I do [pray for my enemys I really do to help me control my own self mostly.

MJ, I am learning that the ones I intensely dislike there is a reason for it...I'm learning to trust my gut.

I'm still learning this because I can get into trouble with it and feel guilty when I dislike someone so in the past I would try and make them my friend trying to see the positive in them....the rose colored glasses sort of thing.

Now, What I'm trying to do if I really dislike them I try and stay away from them. They are usually the kind of people that want to hurt me so why would I want to get beat up by them all the time? Why spend time with them when they can be rude and hurtful?