GreaseSpot Cafe

50 Chinese kidsw/food poisoning

Dot Matrix

Should we import things from these countries?

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article/20...icle_314109.htm

MORE than 50 children were poisoned by a kindergarten breakfast in central China, state media said today, in the latest case highlighting problems in the country's food supply chain.

Should we be importing food from China? I thought they were a country we SENT food to ---

After the Pet food recall I think we need to rethink our food supply

Edited by Dot Matrix

Free

I was going into the recall stuff and the Chinese thing and found both of these stories. Both newsworthy. Both make me rethink bringing in FOOD from these people. I can see how it might look redundant to have two Chinese threads :redface2:

But I am truly concerned about them being a food source. I had it all together but it was two different topics really. Poison food and animal cruelity -- unless it could be gathered under "Are the Chinese idiots in this area?"

After the recall and seeing pets die, old lady owners crying their hearts out with their dead clump of fur, I have strong feelings about what we are doing. (kiss, strong words not angry at you dear Free)

And what they did to their citizen's pets after what 3 people got rabies --

The clubbing of the dogs in their answer to rabies -- not vaccinations.

The chinese have had lttle respect for life -- remember the drowning of the little girls?

or

tiananmen_square.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Squ...rotests_of_1989

I know I am ranting but I am pi ssed. We buy and eat and feed pets food from them. China is not our friend and have been anti-American. I know my Dad's WWII generation, would never have fought Germany and continued to bring in food from them. But our corporations do not fly a USA flag -- they fly the money flag.

Edited by Dot Matrix

Lou Dobbs just had a thing on Chinese food being the most contaminated food in the world.

He showed the sewage in the fields and how the US is not inspecting it. He said some of the skin prooducts have filth in them and some food products have hepatitis A (I did not know there was an A)

Actually Dot, I thought it was funny because of the headings. Not funny because there are two stories. It just seemed to funny when you think that they slaughtered the dogs, they eat dogs, and the children have food poison. It was just my sick mind playing. Sorry, I Didn't mean to insinuate that they were redundant.