GreaseSpot Cafe

So Sayest the Word

year2027

God first

So Sayest the Word

wrote 05-11-2007

Here I sat as I recall the words I heard so many times "So Sayest the Word" as I meditate on the words I hear in my heart as I think on these things.

O how I know God and his son loves us and only want the best foe each of us as we walk in this world of flesh and bone.

But back to "So Sayest the Word" a Wayish statement that many of us have used to control one another like we think best.

We all done it but let me tell you the written word of God does not speak the speaking was done many years ago.

While we might say "Have you not read this or that" but to say "So Sayest the Word" is wrong because to its God and Christ speaking to us spiritually not the written word of God.

Maybe we need to changed that old thinking of "So Sayest the Word" to the spirit has worked in our hearts from what we have read.

Just been thinking about and wanted to share it with all my loving EX-Way friends because we are blessed to be out of that cult.

Thank you, with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Amen Roy.

Exactly what emphasis God puts on the Bible I do not know now. I do believe its not so we can "one up" or fellow brothers. Nor do I believe God is limited to what's written.

"God has Magnified His Word above His Name" --where this come from and what it means I do not know.

God first

Beloved Bolshevik

God loves you my dear friend

yes Amen my friend

yes God's is not "limited to what's written"

yes "God has Magnified His Word above His Name" but we might asked written word or spoken word by the gift of Christ in us

and yes "I do not know" either my friend

thank you,

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Amen Roy.

Exactly what emphasis God puts on the Bible I do not know now. I do believe its not so we can "one up" or fellow brothers. Nor do I believe God is limited to what's written.

"God has Magnified His Word above His Name" --where this come from and what it means I do not know.

It comes from Psalms 138:2- "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." The word 'magnify' means to make great. No, I don't believe God is limited to what is written in that I believe that He can always do more than what is written. I believe that He is limited to what is written in the sense that He cannot do less than what is written nor can He contradict what He has written.

It comes from Psalms 138:2- "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." The word 'magnify' means to make great. No, I don't believe God is limited to what is written in that I believe that He can always do more than what is written. I believe that He is limited to what is written in the sense that He cannot do less than what is written nor can He contradict what He has written.

Yah I was just looking at this. The context and word meanings don't seem to follow what twi uses it for. They quote this (just part of a verse) almost every other service. I went to look at this verse in twi's written works, (its in TBTMS, RECC, and PFAL book) , the verse is rarely used, and is mostly a footnote. They seem to exalt part of one verse over the rest of The Bible.

God first

Beloved Bolshevik

God loves you my dear friend

yes "context and word meanings don't seem to follow what twi uses it for" I agree but I have not look as close as you have thanks

yes "They seem to exalt part of one verse over the rest of The Bible. " if it helps them get their way

thank you,

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy