GreaseSpot Cafe

alcohol rehab

coolchef

Do a search on the web, and any local and state government regulatory agencies that moniter those facilities.  Call a social worker, or if the person is already hospitalized, you can use the social services at the hospital to help direct you to the right facility or placement proffessional.

The placement finders get a commission for placements, most really know the good from the 

bad, although if you find the facility yourself, it can save you hundreds or tho

usands 

a month in fees.

Coolchef most of the jail type treatment centers are poorly funded public detox centers that keep ya there for a few days at best. Most folks that don't have insurance opt for them cuz (oddly enough) they can't afford anything better. If a person has insurance (and providing their policy covers it) they usually go for a 30 - 60 day inhouse program with intensive follow up.

Either way a person seeking help should plan on a serious follow up program of AA if they wish to maintain a solid program of sobriety.

I work closely with folks coming out of treatment and its been my experience that alcoholism is a symptom of deeper issues (go figure we joined a cult).

I wish anyone seeking deliverance from addiction freedom and serenity.

Coolman - I know a guy that went to a 17-week outpatient rehab through the VA (he lives in Youngstown, OH, but it might even be in PA where he went). He had to submit urine samples 3 days a week during this program. He only had a dirty test once and it wasn't alcohol that showed up.

This was someone I knew very well that had gone to some very expensive in-residence rehab center in Baltimore, but he went right back to drinking almost as soon as he left there. I'm sure he's really not drinking at all now.

This 3-day a week one taught him to live in the real world alcohol-free. It's been only a few months now since he graduated, but he sent the paper to me to prove he did it.

I've sent an e-mail asking for which VA he went to - don't know if the person you're checking this out for is a vet with that type of benefit, but if not, I'll ask him to ask them who they recommend in your neck of the woods when he goes next to their AA meeting, which he's doing as an alumnus of the program, being an example to those in the 17-week program.