GreaseSpot Cafe

Spirituality and Gnosticism

John 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Comment: Must we have the spirit first before we can know the truth? Is it the truth that makes us free or is it the equality of the spirit that makes us free?

Is the spirit itself knowledge of God? If so why does the Bible talk about knowledge vanishing away, isn't the spirit eternal?

Edited by DrWearWord

well, according to the one verse you quoted, it is the truth that makes you free.

Thanks Abigail,

So is this truth something we thought of or something God thought of? Did we create this truth ourselves or is this truth the creation of God within us?

John 16:13

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Edited by DrWearWord

God first

Beloved DrWearWord

God loves you my dear friend

1 Cor 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

what kind of knowledge will pass away the knowledge of word of knowledge the gifts of the spirit will not be needed after Christ the only perfect things comes again to lead you up to were Christ went

1 Cor 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

other wise after we changed we will not longer need these gifts to receive spiritual knowledge because we will have it knowing as Christ knows

face to face with God and Christ and each other

spiritual knowledge does not vanish but what vanishes is the child like way we receive it

today we are just babes in the womb but one day we will walk and talk like spiritual men and women

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

• 3 months later...

Yes, all (without exception) knowledge becomes zero.

So "knowledge vanishes away".

1Co 13:8

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Comment: Where is "the way" without knowledge?

"The way" is within a verb and a noun. (matter and energy)

Jas 2:12

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Comment: Is "the way" something between, a combination of or the absence of a verb and a noun? (heaven and earth)

Edited by DrWearWord

God first

Beloved DrWearWord

God loves you my dear friend

Comment: Where is "the way" without knowledge?
when that which is perfect comes Christ and we changed we no longer need to receive knowlege because we become part of knowledge itself a new creature one like the most high God old fleshly knowledge is past away because our knowledge is like his knowledge

but today knowledge is share fleshly even if its received spiritually we speak it, write it, dream it, or read it

Comment: Is "the way" something between, a combination of or the absence of a verb and a noun? (heaven and earth)

verb is come but why come to change us

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027