GreaseSpot Cafe

Was that you?

QamiQazi

quote:
Then the day dawned, and I remembered... I don't know you but my impression of you then is the same impression I have of you now. I don't think you are a former Way leader. I don't believe you ever had anything to do with the corruption that was in The Way. I think you were sitting next to me at Twig, who shared your Bible when I left mine at home. I think you're the one who worked a steady job, and had enough left over to treat everyone to pizza after witnessing night. My guess is that you were the one who handed me your car keys when I needed to get to work. Heck, you probably were even the guy who gave me your car when it was time for you to buy a new one. I met dozens of ["believers"] like you. You went out in the middle of the night to fix a flat tire, brought over a cup of coffee at break, let others bum cigarettes off of you, and secretly slipped them a twenty when somebody ran out of money at the Rock. I think you were the backbone of the "ministry." You made a believer out of me.
[written by laleo, lightly adapted by QQ (without permission, and hopefully with forgiveness)]

You each know who you are. Hope you've been well. I appreciate the many forgotten kindesses, which you were always good for, whenever or whatever the need, whoever it was in need. Just wanted to say so. Been a long time. Drop a line here, if you ever get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That sound alike lot my beloved brother. He lived in a Wow home in Northridge many years ago, but was always giving to those in need whenever he could, he even gave a car away to a fellow WOW.. Mabe some of you remember him His name was Walt Brazenor. I am his sister and loved him very much. He fell asleep 2 years ago, and my heart is broken cause he didn't have to die the way he did. He was truely a good man and was good to everyone. I LOVED HIM SO MUCH AND WILL ALWAYS MISS HIM AD AM GLAD I WAS HIS SISTER. DOVEY