GreaseSpot Cafe

GSM, CDMA, or TDMA

ex70sHouston

When I go visit #2 son my cell phone will not work and the battery will go down in 1 day. What I found was all the cell companies in Brownwood TX use GSM.

I live in another small town and the big local company Five Star Wireless doesnt use GSM. Hench none of the 4 phones I use will work up there.

I am wondering what the differant areas in the country use. This is greek to me.

Have you found areas where your phone won't work?

What type of system are you on?

Help for the future.

I'm using a Helio and a video phone. The Video Phone is sold by ACN. It's affordable once you get past the first month. You have to buy the phone. You can only "see" people on the other end if they have the same device. It's a marketing plus. You can't just sell one.

Helio is overrated. I don't use all the features and the ones I would like to use, I can't figure them out.

Sorry, ex70s, I have no clue. I use Cingular (now AT&T). I've been with them since Day 1 and have never had a problem with them, the service, reception, nor the phones. My whole family has been with Cingular for as long as I can remember - I know for sure since they started the cell to cell free calls - and I've never heard any of them complain either.

We're spread out from WA, CA to KY, MS and FL. Mama and Daddy travel quite often and I don't recall them ever having trouble getting reception to get through to us.