GreaseSpot Cafe

Favorite Christmas Show

Belle

Bump in the Night: 'Twas the Night Before Bumpy,1995

It offers a Christmas themed episode of the claymation cartoon series.

Mr. Bumpy, a monster who eats socks, travels to the north pole with his two best friends, and learns the true meaning of the holiday season after he realizes he could keep all of Santa's toys for himself.

It's A Wonderful Life

Elf

A Christmas Story

White Christmas

The Holiday

Sarah, Plain and Tall- The Winters End

I am sure there are more but I can't remember right now!

:blink: Our resident Bumpy is a movie star?? I never knew! :biglaugh:

Haven't seen Elf, but do like Will Ferrell. I just don't get out much.

I forgot about White Christmas. That is a good one!

Haven't seen The Holiday or Sarah, Plain and Tall either. I feel so behind the times....

Belle,

Yeah can 'ya believe it? Henry Winkler (the Fonze) as Scrooge? This version was set in America during the Great Depression and instead of Scrooge they called him Benedict Slade.. but look at the make-up work. He was actually quite the actor and very convincing, IMO.

1979-acc-d-web.jpg

sudo

He kind of looks like Ted Danson in that picture. :biglaugh: Excellent make up!

He would have to be good, otherwise I would just be sitting there thinking, "this is the Fonz playing Scrooge."

I'm going to try to find that one as well.

I like Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase also Srooged with Bill Murray

Great movies, Frank!

dooj... it's amazing sometimes how close we are in thinking alike!

I also like "It's a Wonderful Life"... but my other favorite is "Miracle on 34th Street"...

...at least we're in the same neighborhood!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

The Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorites that didn't get shown for years. I saw it for a few years when it first came out in 1968 but it didn't come back around until just a few years ago. Watched it tonight and still got a little teary at the end.

My all time favorite is still "A Charlie Brown Christmas." The part where Linus says, "I can tell you the real meaning of Christmas, Charlie Brown," and then goes on to recite from Luke still chokes me up, especially now that I'm working in a large membership warehouse type store, where I listen to synthesized rock versions of The Hallelujah Chorus for hours on end, punctuated by screaming children and frowning, complaining adults. Sometimes I just want to set the microwave on the floor and jump on top of my cart with a bullhorn: "I know the real meaning of Christmas, Costco shoppers!"

WG