2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

If you take them out at 8 minutes, they're not quite browned, and they are very soft. At 10 minutes, they are crispy on the outside and chewy inside. I took them out at 8 minutes and pressed a Hershey's Kiss into the center.

ETA: These would need to be chilled for a few hours to be able to cut into shapes I think. They definitely aren't shapeable when freshly mixed. They are so light and buttery though that I don't care if they're just round!

Edited by lucygoosey