GreaseSpot Cafe

Talking Business

Greek2me

Hello all,

As many of you know, I'm located in Greece. I'm looking for diaper factories...particularly those located in the southeastern USA - from Virginia to Alabama preferrably - but I will consider other places as well.

I've contacted most of the chamber of commerce sites for said States and haven't really found what I'm looking for.

I'm interested in containers of seconds or even first-run 'A' quality products.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Btw, maybe we can start a business section in these forums for those of us who use the net for business purposes. I can think of many products here that would find a market there in the States as well as many products from there that would find a market here.

Just a thought...

Thanks.

ps. if this is bad form, against the rules, or improper netiquete, please forgive me.

Hello Greek2me,

Oddly enough, I just might be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction. Cellulose fiber products, are not actually my area of expertise...unless of course, you'd be interested in acquiring the machinery and equipment to manufacture your own products. :biglaugh:

Anyway, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to buy direct from any of the remaining manufacturer's factories direct...unless of course, you're in a position to contractually commit to purchasing a high volume of sizable quantity orders; otherwise, they'll most likely just refer you to one of their distributors -- which again, depending upon the size of your market, becoming a distributor yourself, for one of the manufacturers, might be an option worth pursuing.

Other than the major paper companies, who actually produce the cellulose fiber, the primary manufacturers here would be Proctor & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Scott Paper, etc. (but, with so many mergers and acquisitions a common trend among these industries, ownership of any and all of them is subject to change). I think some of these products are also manufactured by subsidiary companies of textile manufacturers, like Standard Textile out of Reading, Ohio. Although, I think they've recently caught the Chinese bug (as many of the others have), so I'm not sure if they're still partnered with any cellulose fiber manufacturing here in the states (cloth diapers, maybe Heheh!)

Nevertheless, if you're interested in whatever limited information I may be able to provide, it might be better to do so off the board, in which case, you're more than welcome to PM me. And if not -- that's ok too. Either way, best of luck to you!

Edited by FaintWhispers