GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi everyone

Brushstroke

Hey everyone. I'm Phil, call me Brushstroke if you like. I'm a painter, so I thought it was a fitting username. Anyway, I didn't notice this part of the forum until now. I guess this is where new members come to introduce themselves, eh? I suppose I would qualify lol.

I was never a member of The Way International. I don't intend on becoming one obviously, but I figured I would come here because my girlfriend is a member of this group. When she sent me a book, The Bible Tells Me So, apparently dubbed "the Blue Book" by many here, I read parts of it and did a little research on TWI. This is when I became worried, when I read about their history and their doctrine. I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian, so obviously there are huge differences in our beliefs on almost every level, I would say even on levels that TWI doesn't even touch on. I came to this board to further educate myself about TWI so that I can actually talk with her about this sometime or another. We've talked about our beliefs before and we still love each other the same. I don't let these kinds of things interfere with relationships and I don't believe they ever should, but I am simply concerned for her, considering this organization's history and apparent control on its' members. So, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. :)

Would there happen to be any other Orthodox Christians on the board here?

~Phil~

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brushstroke! (Phil)

Im kinda new too but I read about your girlfriend and had some thoughts.....

1) You cannot challenge her on doctrine because this is what the PFAL class is, intense doctrinal brainwashing and what to say to people who disagree ( She will begin to see that the Ways doctrines are wrong once shes broken the mind controlling grip on her life)

2) If I were you Id challenge the Way Itself.....you see theres a number of disturbing things about the Way and its behavior, and you should ask your girlfriend to consider that they are "exploiting" her and are in fact not behaving in a Christian Manner.....

examples :

......they will tell her she MUST hang out almost constantly with Way people and never with anyone else

......they will tell her to put the Ways wishes over those of her family

......they will discourage her from attending a church ( Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, etc...)

......they have a lax attitude towards adultery, and many of their early members/founders committed adultry with many Way women in an exploitve way....(Dr Weirwille had adultery, Craig Martindale had adultery, read this article....http://www.ex-way.com/ especially "Contents" then Chapter 10

.....they will in an inconsiderate way put her life and future in jeopardy.....read this......http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=4698

3) Lastly, tell her that they are really just concerned in Propogating their cult, they do NOT love her with an unconditional love like her family and friends do! If they conclude that she is "out of fellowship" they will "Mark and avoid" her and totally cut her off in a heartbeat! Tell your girlfriend thats no way to live, theres good decent people out here who care for her and love her and her Mom and Pop and you love her unconditionally and thats the people who will lovingly recieve her back when she wants to come back, and tell her to come back NOW

Edited by Steveo

Hi Phil. Welcome to Grease Spot Cafe.

If you think it is profitable to correct some errant Way International doctrine, read and then share the below article with your girlfriend. The errant doctrine of neglecting the head of the body of Christ, who is Jesus Christ, and replacing Jesus' rightful Lordship with a hierarchical leadership structure is very basic to the Way International's problems.

Thanks for checking in and please keep in touch. There are a number of people here that can offer advise from a lot of experience in dealing with this group.

http://www.christianherald.info/lordship_o...ist_page_1.html

• 5 months later...