GreaseSpot Cafe

60's Sites

OnionEater

I was talking with my wife last night about this. In the 60's we always had something to watch on the 3 channels. I now have 192 channels and nothing to watch.

We use to have something called the work ethic. That stopped in the early 70's. People would work hard and knew that their employer would reward them. Now the ideal is once the ase hole starts paying me what I'm worth I'll start working.

The ideal that the younger generation thinks differently has happened every generation. The difference is the media promoted it.

The biggest difference from the 60's to today is that then we were responsible for ourselves. Now its not my fault or situation ethics.

I remember going off to college in 1966. In 1967 a friend handed me a sugar cube and it was delicious, but the next thing I remember was seeing John Travolta dancing around in a white suit and people were wearing white shoes.

I'll check you link to see what I missed.

Hehehehehe ((shaking my head)

So it was in the 60s that people knew about the work ethic, being honest with each other, and so forth and so on, ehhh?

I know of not a few Greatest Generation members who would take issue with the decade that you all attribute that to. As they would attribute _their_ generation as having all those values, and that it started going downhill during the ... you guessed it ... the 60s.

Each generation views theirs through the rose colored glasses it seems.

Who was that Roman senator who bemoaned how the youth of his day were so disrespectful of their elders? ... Apparently generational conflicts is nothing new.

Anywho, back to rock n' rolling with the Golden Oldies! -- :dance: