GreaseSpot Cafe

It was the best/worst of times

fooledagainII

I didn't really notice or mind the busy busy TWi lifestyle until I had kids. Once they arrived, we were expected to maintain the same level of business, even with infants and toddlers--yet having non believer babysitters was looked down on.

The Way Corps could get way believers to babysit, the rest of us were always scrambling for child care, or leaving a spouse home, which was also not great, though it was marginally okay if the head of the house went because he could instruct his wife at home.

As the years went by in the nineties they became more and more intollerant of the needs of children in my area--it was like children were sucking up valuable ministry time with their needs, and they shouldn't have needs of their own but should completely fit into the adult ministry schedule and lifestyle. It became a stressful balancing act.

Our last year in we rarely took out small kids(gradeschool by then) to any function, using school hours as an excuse for week night. We were instictivly protecting our children and family from the harsh local leadership, though we never spoke of it.