GreaseSpot Cafe

National Bring your Dog to Work Day!

RottieGrrrl

Friday June 20th is National Bring your Dog to Work Day! I'm all excited cause about a month ago I contacted the Daily Herald about it (it's a Chicagoland suburban paper) and they just got back to me today. I thought they forgot all about me! But they are sending a photographer out here at work tomorrow! Of course, other tenants want to get in on it too, and the photographer may be popping in on other offices that bring their dogs as well, and I said that would be great as long as Nico doesn't get bumped for another dog!

But we will see what happens.

That is cool! I had a boss who would always bring his dog to work because it was a therapy dog in training,but the higher ups suspened him for doing so because

Borders has a cafe and was concerned about law suits.

It was really neat while it lasted,the dog would come to meetings and stay in the mgrs office(didn't hurt anyone)

Eventually the guy quit and got a job in search and rescue with his great dog

(and now has 7 dogs)

We have 4 Labs, my husband is a correctional officer for the state of Maryland

and has adopted two yellow labs that didn't cut the test(failed their drug test

of sniffing out drugs that is)

We also have a choc. lab and black lab , we LOVE our dogs.

That's a cool story OK CITY! Yeah I know in places that food served unwrapped you can't have a dog unless it's a certified therapy dog for the person's use. I bet those labs who didn't make the cut for drug dogs or what have you are GREAT dogs. ! I would LOVE to have one of those dogs that prisoners train, but I don't believe Illinois has that program. :( I think ALL states should have that program for prisoners to train dogs! I know the ones that do have waiting lines to get those pups!