GreaseSpot Cafe

Picking on poor old Dr. Wierwille.

JeffSjo

Wierwille and my former splinter group leader seem to have had this in common. They both demanded genuine devotion that over-rides any other relationship in their victims' lives.

Once someone gives a person wholehearted devotion it can be a hard thing to face that the leader is a twisted bastard that ruined many lives.

I can still feel for devoted people who are incapable of facing up to the true nature of their "captor". But their feelings don't change the truth either.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please pardon me folks for re-posting this here. I'm running out of time today already and even before I got here today I couldn't make up my mind about which thread to post this content. How about both?!

This is the TWI top leadership game (part of it anyway) the best way that I see it. A lot of my perspective comes from my splinter group experience but fits many of your TWI stories IMO.

When Wierwille was in charge, he was the only one that was allowed to have real love and loyalty given to him. But it was inevitable that folks learned from him how to own people like this. When a leader owns the complete love and loyalty of followers anything spoken against him/her is automatically heretical. Substance is put away because for a carnal leader, playing the top dog game was more effective in terms of numbers and feedback.

When I was thinking this weekend about how my former splinter group leader has trained young women to defend him it almost made me ill. What a waste of a life, to be trained to give a sincere yet knee-jerk defense for a man who is a false prophet and a destructive s.o.b. like this guy. But they think they love a man of God..... BARF.

A while back my splinter leader's second in command said that in his opinion that most of TWI leadership's problem was that after Wierwille's time that many leaders sought to have their own followers like Wierwille did. This is a very good opinion to be taught to a second in command I would say! But I say that TWI leadership just did what Wierwille did. And that it seems to me that my former splinter group leader is comparable to Wierwille in terms of method, even if the number of the deceived is not comparable.

The reports of how JAL has acted seem very, VERY familiar to me, blech.

I'm serious about the nausea, it was hard to think about the things that I've seen done to decent people simply to promote the kingdom of a twisted man.