GreaseSpot Cafe

Nashville Star

act2

Hello. Tonite was the next to last show of this year's Nashville Star. I like all 3 finalists but had to cast my vote for Melissa Lawson as I believe that Shawn and Gabe will go far without winning!!

Next Monday the show comes on at 9 Central. Guess I will have to take a nap so I can stay up and watch it!!!!!!

Who is your favorite and why??????????/

Hey, RG. I am pretty sure it is on regular tv, NBC, I think. Hubby controls the remote so I will ask him tonite. If it is different, I will let you know.

Melissa has a fantastic voice. She has lost over 70# during the 10 wks that she has been in Nashville. She has a hubby and 5 BOYS at home in Arlington, TX.

Gabe is also from TX. He is very good. He is Hispanic and John Rich (one of the judges, along with Jewel, and a songwriter named Jeff) said last nite that he is definitely needed in Nashville.

Shawn is from IA. She has blossomed in the past 8-10 wks.

The show has been coming on at 8 pm, but next week, it will be 9pm central.

Aug 8 & 9 is our annual bluegrass festival, which is free and has been for over 20 years. I love LIVE MUSIC!!!

Wow Act2!!!

I am sooooo very happy for You that you are so close to Nashville and get to attend so many live events!

Enjoy them all!

I Looked online on NBC.com and looked up the Nashville show...I can play some of the reruns to see The finalists. I am looking forward to it all!!!

Tell us about the Bluegrass festival when you get back Please! Have Fun!!!

RG, the festival is in my hometown of Henderson, KY!!! The festival is in Central Park which is full of shade trees.

We do go to Nashville though a few times a year. Hubby's niece lives there, but we just LOVE Nashville. Plus, Isaiah's daddy sometimes gets us tickets to the Grand Ole Opry.

Anyway, sure wish you lived close by as hubby won't be able to go to the festival with me.

Let me know which performer who want to make it all the way!!!!!!!!

There really is no finer music than Bluegrass.

Yup --- I'm prejudiced, involved, and completely guilty of any other charge

you may want to lay at my feet. but; I have to ask --- >> "WHERE

are you going to find adults interacting with youth, like you do at a festival??

What other musical genre do you find the older folk sharing, caring, and actually teaching the younger kids how to do things like they were done in the *old days?? Well -- not being familiar with ALL musical genres, Im guessing it could happen. But given that --- how many eight year old kids do you hear trying to emulate a Clapton lick, out on the front porch with their Dad, learning Layla??

It isn't a happening thing.. But banjo, mandolin, fiddle, guitar and mountain tunes are.

Mainstream America has been sold a bill of goods -- when it comes to entertainment

We (as a country) are being told what to accept, and what NOT to accept).

Some of us -- will accept the label of *hillbilly*, *backwards*, *you-name-the-label*),

because It really doesn't matter.

Labels are nothing. Teaching the next generation counts more than labels.

As always ---- just my imo. :)

dmiller, you are so right.

You really need to plan your vacation around this weekend some time. It is the 2nd weekend in AUGUST every year. As I said before, it is free, free parking, etc.

I love bluegrass music LIVE moreso than just listening to it on the radio or whatever.

My nephew made us a CD of the radio show when he was on WSM-FM. I forget the guy's name that interviewed him. We haven't listened to it yet, as we did hear the interview live. Eddie Stubbs is the guy's name.

LONG LIVE COUNTRY AND BLUEGRASS MUSIC.

I think I would vote for Melissa Lawson too Act2; and for all the same reasons You would vote for her...They are all very good!

Here's Hoping she wins!

Bluegrass sure can grow on you Dmiller :) My taste in music appreciates all the music that I have been introduced to!