GreaseSpot Cafe

Cops Kill Mayor's two dogs in "drug" raid

RottieGrrrl

I was surprised to see that this wasn't posted already. If it has been I apologize. I am keeping up with this story and it makes me madder than hell. Of course, as it is pointed out, this stuff happens all the time across America, and it's because this guy is a mayor that this story is getting all the attention.

Cops Kill Mayor's dogs in "drug raid"

BTW, there are more recent stories regarding this incident, the Mayor and his wife were cleared of ANY wrongdoing on their part, and the police chief stands by his "mens" decision. They will not apologize for this depraved, sadistic atrocity.

The FBI will investigate, at the request of the Mayor.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

The dogs were "running away" = not even towards the officers!

A lab is more likely to lick an unexpected visitor to death, than to bit the visitor.

Huh.

You guys gotta bring your police under control.

In the UK police do not routinely carry fire arms. Perhaps that's why they are more civil. Can't afford to pi$$ off crims with guns. But neither can they shoot innocent passers-by and dogs in their own homes.

Points well noted Twinky. Police are allowed to shoot MENACING dogs I know, but since when do they get to shoot any dog involved in a "raid"? I remember a not so long ago story about some biker gang, either the Hell's Angels or the Outlaws, who sued the cops and WON, because the cops killed a bunch of their dogs in a "drug raid."

As po'd as I am about this happening to this guy, I'm glad for the publicity it's getting. As I said this stuff has gone on COUNTLESS times in this country, much of it in the name of "The war on drugs."

These cops were nothing more than sadistic butchers, they need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I hope their getting hate mail from all over the world. I know I sent in my 2 cents. :realmad: