GreaseSpot Cafe

My Missionary Position

Seth R.

spacer.gif

My Missionary Position

By my blogs it's easy to see something is going on with this guy, well I woke up this morning realizing that it was 15 years ago this week that I made a major transition in my life.

August 1st 1992 was a Friday much like this past Friday, I was on Langley Air Force Base Virginia standing in front of a camera. The flash went off, the clerk typed up a white and pink card, then placed my developed Kodak Inst-A-Matic black and white photo in a cutter and punched out my mug-shot. Through the fuser my new ID went and after it cooled and I signed my last form for the Air Force, the clerk handed me my inactive reserve ID card, I was free, or so I thought.

There was a storm brewing in the Atlantic, and a gail ripped through the base, as a storm of conflicting thoughts ripped through my mind. This should have been a home coming for me, I should have been planning to go back to New Jersey to reunite with my folks and maybe start working for the family business. You know start a good life for myself and begin mending those fences which were ripped apart by religious insanity. But it was clear in my mind God had a plan for me and it was to be a "Word Over The World Ambassador" This was being a Missionary The Way International style.

l_10c770952472373b0641121aa26277c4.jpg

So any way I went with people I didn't know to Fort Myers Florida for a year trying to hold forth God's Word to people who didn't need it or want it. We were the team that kicked foot we ran more PFAL classes then any others on the field that year. Basically did a mind control indoctrination using a video taped class originally filmed in 1968 by a guy who died in 1985. We .... up about 70 people with that class and untold 100's who attended our fellowships and meetings.

We did so well that we had a visit from the Founders son who was the Vice President of The Way International. We lived in a crypt of an apartment, one of the leaders of TWI who over saw the whole state of florida called it a cave. Oh let's rewind, we made it through Hurricane Andrew which was a sure sign to all of us that we were the chosen ones to carry God's Word to the heathen hordes of southern Florida.

Well my head hurts now, I think I've enjoyed memory lane enough for now. If you have any questions just ask me.

Any wonder why I'm an Atheist now?

If you ever want to read more of my stuff about TWI go here: The Greasespot Cafe' goto the forums and search Seth or aeroseth and there you can find my thoughts over the last few years.

Seth

Hey Seth!

Memory lane may need some road repair...definitely a bumpy ride sometime.

I had already peeled the bumper sticker off my car by the time you were signing green cards, but interestingly enuf, I now live in Planet Ft. Myers. I wonder if you would recognize the place, or even want to, I suppose. After near 25 yare in Floweeda, I'm still in the state of denial...lol.

Thank you for serving in the Air Force, and thank you for having the chutzpah to reach out to whoever, whenever you did.

Rethink the missionary position...lol...won't go there...but then I've been married longer than sugar has been crystalized.

On the matter of what may be PTSD, (Post Twig Stress Denouncement), and the safe harbor of atheism...I take it up in outloud discourse and secret between-the-ears whisperings with God. He is very patient with this impatient patient, and certainly taken my MS case into advisement.

MS...that's Missionary Status...

I'm not much (not anything, actually) on blogging...GS is the closest I come to spilling the beans, or sharing the recipe with the

relatively rare ~ visit...but you looked like you needed reading :)

(that smiley face...eek...does it mean we have to go to Walmart for real saving?)

My heart is for your heart to be full, happy, wise, and tender and my blah blahs (read prayers) will perfectly enfold you next time the noggin hits the pillow.

I think there's so much about God we will never, ever know. Sometimes the littlest things baffle me more than the hugest things I cannot comprehend or even begin to process, so I just relegate them to some misty cerebral mesa marked "later."

But amidst all the smoke and mirrors of me, alone, I look to Him. I'm working on the listening part. Just have to sit still, I guess.

So, how 'bout them White Sox? (Smooth seques and transitions are my specialty...lol.)

Lo Shonta, bro.

X

M