GreaseSpot Cafe

It's cruise time again

penguin

Hey all. I mostly lurk and then seem to post thread killers around here---but that's another topic I suppose.

Last year you all were very helpful with suggestions on what to do at port.

This year we vist the Keys and Nassau. Any suggestions as to what to do? The Atlantis waterpark would be fun, but I don't see a way to go there without getting a reservation at the hotel itself.

If anyone has been to either place and know cool things to do, please post them and let me know!

Thanks!

Sorry, Penguin. I can not help, but have heard Atlantis is awesome! I'm thinking I've had friends visit there without paying for a room, but their website probably has that kind of information.

I just did not want your thread to get lost in all the others on here. Have a great time!! :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Belle! It's only 3 days away and I am hoping for no "WAG"s as Raf calls them now.

I think we have figured out Key West and are still trying to figure out Nassau. Maybe we will go shopping (including at the Straw Market) and see where we go from there.

Still open to suggestions on Nassau Bahamas that's for sure!

Now you're talkin' Key West is my favorite place. I'm there every winter.

Make sure you see Mel Fisher's museum and the Bufferfly museum.

If you like pubs you have to visit the Scooner Warf, and the Hogsbreath. (See Rave Tues. at the Schonner Wharf.)

If you can take a sunset cruise on one of the tallships.

Some good snorkeling around there too.

Restaurants-got to go to Blue Heaven, Conch Republic.

I think it's sacrilige to go somewhere where's there's beautiful water and not even consider snorkeling. Please tell me you are floating face down in the water to visit the fish world?We just snorkeled Kealakekuah/Captain Cook Monument on the Big Island of Hawaii, and I'm still dreaming of the schools of colorful fish who swam around me. It was the most beautiful snorkeling even above Cozumel, Mexico. I'm having nightmares about the little bastage humahumanukanukaapua'a who charged me.humu.jpg

Edited by Nottawayfer

I think it's sacrilige to go somewhere where's there's beautiful water and not even consider snorkeling. Please tell me you are floating face down in the water to visit the fish world?

We just snorkeled Kealakekuah/Captain Cook Monument on the Big Island of Hawaii, and I'm still dreaming of the schools of colorful fish who swam around me. It was the most beautiful snorkeling even above Cozumel, Mexico. I'm having nightmares about the little bastage humahumanukanukaapua'a who charged me.

humu.jpg

Well, here's a silly question: is there a way to keep your glasses on while snorkling? Otherwise I am blind as a bat.

We may think about it--hubby isn't too keen on the idea--but he is considering the butterfly museum. I read that several of the Keys beaches have problems with fecal matter-yuck-so I'm a little hesitant to get too much in.

We have wierd arrival and departure times at both places. We get to the Keys at 7am and leave at 3pm, then arrive at Nassau the following day at noon and stay until 10pm. It means we can't catch a Keys sunset or their entertainment at night--bummer.

Penguin,

A lot of snorkel renting companies have prescription snorkel masks now. I have to warn you though: Once you snorkel, you won't want to stop. :biglaugh: Then you will be mad at yourself for not doing it when you were in Cozumel, which is some of the best diving in the world according to Jacques Cousteau. I am amazed at the beauty seen in the water. I am a proud of my snorkel addiction, and I refuse to give it up.