GreaseSpot Cafe

Terry Predmore

mudflaps

• 1 month later...
Terry Predmore

I don't know Terry personally. I've met him a couple times, but know his sons. The entire family left back a couple years ago. Terry wrote an awesome multiple page letter that he sent out to all the leadership and people in the fellowships.

It was quite a remarkable and a very well written letter that hits home on so many levels and gracefully and "Bluntly" tells The Way off. If I have all my facts right, 1 or 2 entire fellowships of people left with or because of him and his son, who was running another fellowship in town. If his sons are any example of the type person Terry is then he must be one Heck of a guy. Apparently others felt the same since they left with them. Beyond that, I dont know much about what they are doing now. I know one of his sons is deeply involved and extremely happy with Larry and Connie P's group. They are still in OH and am fairly sure they can be reached by a simple web search.

....... a few minutes later....

I found the letter and will attempt to copy it here for you. It was quite moving and hope more people "in" can take it to heart.

November 20, 2005

Dear Believer,

For years I have taught our fellowship that the greatest duty man has to himself is to keep God first, and that a man can only do this as he is true to his own convictions and inspiration as the spirit of God works within him. I also told our fellowship to never become mechanical at living their lives, that life is not made up of one verse answers. There are no slick formulas or scripts. With that said, I believe our ministry has become a ministry governed by scripted living and fomulas for thought. Why do the S.T.S. all start out with everyone wanting to set forth three points of interest from God's Word? What if God only wanted to make one point, or four? I am not asking this question to be cute or critical. It is an honest question! God can never be scripted, and you men , leaders sit and say nothing! The three points we should be making are doctrine, reproof and correction. But there is no reproof and correction set forth, and you say nothing. Wonderful men and women read their scripted teaching verbatim, and you say nothing. If he could, what would Dr. Wierwille say, nothing?

As great as they are, God can never be contained in a handful of collaterals. None of us can be true to God until we are true to ourselves first. Why would a man born again with the spirit of God energized within him need a teaching calendar sent to him to promt him on what he should teach his fellowship? God either gives that man the inspiration to teach to the needs of his fellowship or he does not. As versitile and complex as life is, how can we broad stroke our ministry with a teaching calendar.

The needs of God's people cannot be scripted, and you sit and say nothing. One of my greatest fears through the years via those teaching calendars was that I did not want to become a lazy coordinator depending upon someone else to figure out what I should be doing with the fellowship. Dr. Wierwile once said a true man will have superb confidence in his own inspiration, desire, and ability. I still believe that. Why would any of you wonderful men need a teaching calendar? God forbid! There is nothing spiritual about us all being on the same page at the same time, that is spiritualism.

Dr. Wierwille once said a man's willfull decision toward duty determines his virtue. Virtue is a man's fixed attitude toward his ideals. What are our ideals, have we become lost, have we lost our way and sense of direction? It seems like we all want to become a professional believer. Jesus Christ was not a professional believer, he was a blue collar believer. God does not want professionals, he wants fishermen! He wants people that will get their hands dirty! We could never have another Howard Allen, our ministry would not allow it. Howard, such a wonderful, decent, common man, a true fisherman.

Cindy and I cannot at this time in a good and clear conscience before God continue to support this ministry, nor do we have or feel malice toward any one of our Brothers or Sisters in Christ. As I pen this letter before God our father I am reminded that we are all God's children just trying to do the best we know for our father. I guess we just have different ideas on how to do that, just like Paul and Barnabus. I have always been moved by the fact that God never condemned either man. God looked on their heart and knew that each man was following his heart, inspiration and ideals on how best to serve his father. It is great how that God has accepted all of us for better or worse.

In spite of all our brilliance and all our stupidity, God still takes care of us all. We have never been especialy favored because we are a research ministry. We have been especially favored because we are God's kids and he has spoiled us. No doubt we have al been through a lot and been pretty beaten up over the last few years, but we are better for it because we continue to stand for God.

I trust this letter will communicate our heart to you all, as well as our frustration with what we see as a scripted ministry. We have a script, a formula, a cerain way to act, a certain way to speak, a certain way to respond, a certain way to ask something. We are wore out with it. I do not blame the Board of Directors. We have told them what we think they wanted to hear. We should have told them what they needed to hear. In reality, we have sat and said nothing! And we are seeing the lack luster of interest because of it. Cindy and I are not unique in our perceptions, the believer in you fellowships are full of the things I am writing about and they do not speak up out of intimidation and fear of condemnation. They can suppress it all they want, but it will not go away.

There have been tremendous believers in our ministry that have lied about being in debt so they could continue to be a part of our classes. How excruciating and degrading that must have been for them? God bless their hearts. It is amazing the legalism we have put on the backs of God's people and called it God's Word. So many wonderful people pure and child-like before God, and we as leaders trashed their hearts. May God have mercy on us all! I would not want it if it was the truth. God will not stand for it. Love and inspiration move men and women to God, not scripts and formulas. Movies are scripted. I am still not being critical, I am just telling you what God has already told you in your heart and you have thought about a thousand times. May God help you to speak up! In closing, I would like to share a line from Dale Wimbrow:

You may fool the World down the pathways of years, and get pats on the back, as you pass; But your only reward will be heartache and tears if you've cheated the man in the glass!

We are eternally linked with you by the spirit of God. May we always love and care for one another!

Terry & Cindy

Forgive me for any typos I may have made copying this and hope that Terry and Cindy are not upset that I have taken the liberty to share it here where people can read what is needed to be heard and not "Say Nothing". I wish this had been written and made available when I made the decission to leave. It would have saved many agonizing hours of condemnaation and arguements with myself.

-JSN

I don't know Terry personally. I've met him a couple times, but know his sons. The entire family left back a couple years ago. Terry wrote an awesome multiple page letter that he sent out to all the leadership and people in the fellowships.

It was quite a remarkable and a very well written letter that hits home on so many levels and gracefully and "Bluntly" tells The Way off. If I have all my facts right, 1 or 2 entire fellowships of people left with or because of him and his son, who was running another fellowship in town. If his sons are any example of the type person Terry is then he must be one Heck of a guy. Apparently others felt the same since they left with them. Beyond that, I dont know much about what they are doing now. I know one of his sons is deeply involved and extremely happy with Larry and Connie P's group. They are still in OH and am fairly sure they can be reached by a simple web search.

....... a few minutes later....

I found the letter and will attempt to copy it here for you. It was quite moving and hope more people "in" can take it to heart.

We are eternally linked with you by the spirit of God. May we always love and care for one another!

Terry & Cindy

Forgive me for any typos I may have made copying this and hope that Terry and Cindy are not upset that I have taken the liberty to share it here where people can read what is needed to be heard and not "Say Nothing". I wish this had been written and made available when I made the decission to leave. It would have saved many agonizing hours of condemnaation and arguements with myself.

-JSN

Thanks for the info JSN.I agree with you this letter is quite remarkable!Definitely very healing.Anyone who is still "in" and reads this letter would have to admit it is the truth,if not I believe they are deceived or just not being honest out of fear.Again thank you.