GreaseSpot Cafe

Tropical Turkey and Spinach Salad

Nottawayfer

I got this recipe from the Pampered Chef "It's Good for You" cook book. I made this salad tonight, and I LOVED it! I know it's crappy weather all over the country, but you still need your vegetables. :biglaugh: This salad MAKES you want to eat them.

Dressing:

3 T Apricot Preserves

2 T Apple Cider Vinegar

2t olive oil

2 t sugar (I used 2 packets of Splenda to cut the sugar)

1/4 t salt

1/8 t ground black pepper

Salad

8 ounces turkey. I bought an already roasted turkey breast.

1/2 diced red bell pepper. I added yellow ones too because they are sweeter.

1 mango cut in to 1/2 inch cubes

2 hard-cooked egg whites, coursely chopped

1/4 small red onion sliced thin (I used less)

1 package baby spinach leaves

1/4 c sliced almonds

Mix up the dressing and refrigerate, then cut all the veggies and turkey and mix together in a bowl. I let individuals add their own amount of dressing. I usually am not too crazy about spinach because it always tastes too earthy, but the focus on this salad was the turkey and mango....mmmm!! I think I will figure out a turkey salad with those two items in it.

We are getting snow in Northern Arizona tonight, but this was still a welcomed dinner. Now I'm gonna drink some hot herbal tea. :biglaugh:

Edited by Nottawayfer

• 3 weeks later...

I must say you had me thinking when I first read "Tropical Turkey and Spinach Salad. I forgot the spinach salad part and said, "Daggum, what is a tropical turkey? Have I missed something in the culinary world? Is this some kind of Hawaiian bred turkey?"

I am giggling with myself for being so silly.

• 3 weeks later...
I must say you had me thinking when I first read "Tropical Turkey and Spinach Salad. I forgot the spinach salad part and said, "Daggum, what is a tropical turkey? Have I missed something in the culinary world? Is this some kind of Hawaiian bred turkey?"

I am giggling with myself for being so silly.

LOL!!!

I am loving mango in my salads these days. I'm also making my own balsamic vinegairette dressing too. It's a recipe from Emeril on the Food Network. It's so much better than store bought because it's au naturale!! I put Stevia in it instead of brown sugar to add more sweetness. I'm going to have to break down and buy the uber good balsamic vinegar for it so I can get away without any Stevia.

Edited by Nottawayfer