GreaseSpot Cafe

Something silly, or goofy, I saw at a local grocery store

mchud11

While reading the "I have been spoiled by beer" thread. I sort of remembered something silly I saw in a local store here in Hardin County.

I am in Iowa, not a born and bred Iowan, or is that Iowian, anyway, farm country, here in Hardin County, corn, soy beans, and more corn.

There is a local tree, that produces these large green, nubby sort of green balls, I do not know the name of them, but they are hard, nubby, and the locals tell me they are good for putting in the basement because spiders and bugs don't like them.

So, I do into the local Hi V, the name of the market has been changed to protect the innocent...They have this shopping cart, full of these pods with a hand written sign "incest repellent". Being a trouble maker, I found the produce manager and asked him if he meant something else...blush response, of course, new sign..

OSAGE ORANGE

aka: Horse apples or Monkey Balls

Keep a few of these under your pillow and cousin Agnes is sure to seek companionship elsewhere.

osage_orange391.JPG

Ya, those are the ones.