GreaseSpot Cafe

Christmas Cards

TOMMYZ

Over the past few years I've noticed we're getting less Christmas Cards. We've also talked about slimming down our mailing list. I'm 52 and I'm wondering if it's a generational thing or what. Cards used to be the way you kept up on your connections and maybe e-mails have replaced that. I'm now sure. I know this year our annual Christmas letter is going out by e-mail because we're waiting to find out if our daughter made the college play. She won't know 'till next week week and the cards are going out today.

Anyway, my question is "are you sending less cards out this year?" Have you noticed a change ?

Over the past few years I've noticed we're getting less Christmas Cards. We've also talked about slimming down our mailing list. I'm 52 and I'm wondering if it's a generational thing or what. Cards used to be the way you kept up on your connections and maybe e-mails have replaced that. I'm now sure. I know this year our annual Christmas letter is going out by e-mail because we're waiting to find out if our daughter made the college play. She won't know 'till next week week and the cards are going out today.

Anyway, my question is "are you sending less cards out this year?" Have you noticed a change ?

I actually am sending out more but I was never a good card sender..

but who I send to verses who my mom sent to is quite different... (she sent out cards to everyone she knew)...I send to very close friends and close family... I do keep in contact via email and face book a lot now and have reconnected with a few cousins I haven't seen for years so my list admittedly has grown longer.. I think of Christmas cards as a way to send something fun... not so much as a way to keep connected... I usually look for a fun interesting card and if they are someone I do not have internet connections with they do get a letter in the card too.

I fluctuate, some years I send them some years I dont.

The rest of my family sends them every year but most of my friends are more or less like me---if they're into it that year they will but then again maybe not.

Maybe it is a generational thing, my Dad who is 92 send and recieves aton every year and he not only makes it a yearly activity but keeps them and rereads them once in awhile tthough the year