GreaseSpot Cafe

Pink Glove Dance

cheranne

Just sharing this video it its moving. In case anyone missed it.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Sweet and thanks for posting it. However all of the heartfelt dancing doesn't help someone who has breast cancer. Why not edit your post and remind women - GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS EVERY YEAR!!!!! Breast cancer has the highest rate of remission of any cancer and yet, since it often goes undetected until too late, also has a very high death rate.

I know, I know, I'm a guy and don't know how uncomfortable a mammo is...well actually I helped design a magnet that made it so your breasts didn't have to be squeezed into a sausage casing to image - but that's another story.

I've lost a couple of colleagues to breast cancer - why? Couldn't be bothered with the annual.

Right On! Shellon perfectly stated. The Thing that holds your breast and squeezes not so politely reminds me of large wrench!

Maybe it's "my" machine, the boob smasher where I go.....but they do half of each one at a time. Position, smash....check....then to the other half. I've had some mishmash in there too so maybe that's why. And last year they found something that they said looked "nasty". Talk about fear......The second time around on that particular boob, I Thought I would really pee my pants before it was done, I was so nervous. The next day, late in the day....a phone call from the doc.....go tomorrow at 8:00 am for another test.

That was a sonogram. The radiologist did it himself (in that office he always does this test himself.) Back and forth all over. I could feel the bump(s) . I took more than an hour for him to "map" that boob. What they found was scar tissue which when you get older accumulates calcium. He mapped them all out so that if another "nasty" shows up, they can check where it is and act accordingly. They'll always act but maybe not so jarringly fast.

I consider myself fortunate that such care is around for me. I hate the process...oooooohhhh boy do I hate the process - - but Shellon is right. Ladies go do your thing. Get smashed and we can compare stories like the really old folks compare their gall bladder surgeries! Please!

Thanks Shellon(ain't that the truth! Like a Hamgergur press) :blink: and it is very important to get a mamogram ,some of the people in this video are relatives of people

lost to breast cancer like the janitor.

More on that story somewhere I will go look.