GreaseSpot Cafe

Is it just me?

tagalong

I must ask because as I look around the stories on this website there is stuff about the POTP (that was around 1985 or 2 or 3 years after (still the 1980's) and then the really new stuff like conversations with Craig Martindale between 2004 and ending in 2006. I mean, I did not even know who Barack Obama was in 2004 or 2005!!! Even the "new" stuff being discussed(like the latest radio show discussion with the special guest Trunk Co-ordinator of the USA) was a freakin long time ago (the discussion is about stuff that took place in the 1980s-some members possibly were not even born then).

So again, is it just me? or do we need some "current" topics in the main website not the forums-the forums are the only thing I have noticed so far that are actually current. Of course that could possibly be debated to, like was/is Barack Obama a US Citizen. How current is that discussion? Even Fox News isn't pushing that one much anymore. And if it's anti Obama then you know fox news will not hesistate to push it.

maybe.. its because twi has done nothing DIFFERENT in the last how many years..

since you bring it up.. maybe YOU could come up with some new material.. maybe have a covert interview with rosies cats..

ah, the stories they could tell..

:biglaugh:

It's a valid observation that we discuss a lot of out-of-date topics here, but I think that the reason this happens is that people were so hurt "back in the day" that these old topics are still very much raw and open sources of pain for them. It's important to let folks work this stuff out, and we are some of the only folks on the planet who will understand exactly what they are talking about. Paw started a wonderful ministry to people when he started this website; it's helping a lot of individuals heal.

But you are correct; we spend a lot of time in the past.

Hi Tagaolong,

I can relate to your desire to have a more updated source of information and in and of itself there appears nothing wrong with your question.

The current president of TWI was around in the old days of TWI. Even though I didn't know of her back then it has been shared that Wierwille once publically referred to her as "wonderful" when he decided to make reference to her publically. And now it turns out that she seemingly has never told the truth about her involvement in Wierwille's or Martinadales'(Ugh..both Craig ANd Donna's actually...barf) sexual perversions and abuses until this very day.

So while even for me simply hearing about Rosie and learning about who she is a President of TWI has been an update of sorts. That may only prove how outdated my info was, thanks primarily to the equally sickening, controlling, and abusive behavior of my former splinter group who I let have too much sway over my life for far too long.

But as Rosie, Donna, and many other top TWI leaderships had their training and sickening personal habits developed to fruition under Wierwille's watch I really don't want to let TWI or it's leaders off the hook for the old information here at GSC. Many lives were ruined in those old days too and I'm sure the friends and relatives of people who were broken and chose suicide, alchoholism, drug abuse, or other last resorts of the truly brokenhearted may just feel that the damning information concerning Wierwille and his bastard children in the old days is not only informative, but also think it a necessity to keep the rotteness that went into making TWI the organization it is today on the front page. But then again, it might just be me. <_<