GreaseSpot Cafe

What is wrong with affiliation?

The only thing I can imagine.. is when a *minister* had sexual *indiscretions* with the flock, exhibited weird behavior like seeing spiders and devils crawling on people, leave church money laying around in the office (fiscal irresponsibility), pretending to be gawd almighty, refusing to publish a PUBLIC record of finances as a non-profit church organization (more fiscal irresponsibility)..

one might not keep one's job..

:biglaugh:

"but what about the KEEEEEEEEEEDS? where will THEY go.."

lessee. At the moment.. you are actually PAYING these nutcases to teach your kids bad behavior..

who else do you think they will mimic? Well, besides some of your behavior..

you are teaching them that it is their duty to support this kind of nuttiness..

or am I wrong?

Hi Ham,

Interesting question referring to affiliation. I just googled "affiliation" and here is a copy of the results.....

Related phrases: religious affiliation european affiliation no affiliation church affiliation cultural affiliation affiliation quebec non affiliation

Definitions of affiliation on the Web:

a social or business relationship; "a valuable financial affiliation"; "he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team ...

the act of becoming formally connected or joined; "welcomed the affiliation of the research center with the university"

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In law, affiliation (from Latin ad-filiare, to adopt as a son) is the term to describe a partnership between two or more parties.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliation

The relationship resulting from affiliating one thing with another; A club, society or umbrella organisation so formed, esp. a trade union

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Affiliation

affiliate - consort: keep company with; hang out with; "He associates with strange people"; "She affiliates with her colleagues"

affiliate - a subordinate or subsidiary associate; a person who is affiliated with another or with an organization

affiliate - join in an affiliation; "The two colleges affiliated"; "They affiliated with a national group"

affiliated - being joined in close association; "affiliated clubs"; "all art schools whether independent or attached to universities"

Affiliated is an album by MC Eiht, following the "Veterans Day" release from 2004.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliated

Affiliate - In the broadcasting industry (especially in North America), a network affiliate (or affiliated station) is a local broadcaster which carries some or all of the programme line-up of a television or radio network, but is owned by a company other than the owner of the network. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_(e-commerce)

Affiliate (Notes of a Radio Presenter) (Russian: Филиал (Записки ведущего)) is a novel by the Russian writer Sergei Dovlatov. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_(novel)

affiliated - Associated, related, or united

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/affiliated

affiliative - tending to promote social cohesion

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/affiliative

affiliate - Someone or something that is affiliated, or associated; a member of a group of associated things; To adopt; to receive into a family as a son; hence, to bring or receive into close connection; to ally; To fix the paternity of; — said of an illegitimate child; as, to affiliate the child to ...

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/affiliate

affiliate - An entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another entity.

www.cica.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/36552/page/1.htm

It seems to me that the definition of an affiliation is representative of a large number of different types of working relationships.

It seems espescially interesting to me to note that one of the huge variables appears to be how much control one part of an affiliation may have over the other.

But for the purposes of your thread here it may be more relevant to note how that it may be more important that an affiliation may be more applicable in terms of loyalties, purpose, or manner of behavior.

It seems a terrible waste for these larger splinter groups that their true affiliation is with TWI in terms of the heavy handed authoritarianism, manipulative manners, scriptural blindness, and most unfortunately IMO the paranoid lack of transparancy that hides who knows how much abuse!?

lack of transparency..

that's the real problem.. yeah, "I'll tell you something if you love and worship me.." seems to be the real attitude here. Won't communicate with *anonymous* people..

I've seen income reports in piles in the lobbies of at least one church and several non-profit organizations.. they don't even CARE if one is wearing a mask, when one picks it up..

I think what is really *wrong* with affiliation.. at least to them.. most legitimate organizations.. would not have them. They are either- not qualified, as in education, certification, etc.. or DISQUALIFIED.. by ungodly actions..

interesting, isn't it..

but some of these numbnuts manage to get a half a second of fame..

publish some really weird s*It, and somebody who means dang in the world just might offer some kind of honest criticism..

and its *free*.

anybody who STILL supports this nuttiness.. I spit in your general direction..

with the love of gawd, of course..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Ham

• 2 weeks later...

I now redirect this thread to jl's new *organization*.

Who do you plan on being affiliated with? Your own self?

What is technically WRONG with sucking it in a little bit, and getting along with other Christians?

Maybe for the right kind of money, da way would license you a franchise..