GreaseSpot Cafe

Righteous Anger

Shellon

I'm curious about EVERYthing, those that honestly know me get that and humor me. But I don't get alot of things too, which only adds to my curious side.

But anger is my current soapbox or curious maker or something. However, I don't mean beat the snot out of your neighbor anger, I mean anger that is ok, justified, needful, deserved, righteous.

There are at least two different forms of anger. The normal stuff and the emotional stuff that we know as rage. Two very different animals and personally, I'm past sick and tired of not being given the affordability to be righteously angry.

When I first understood someone say Jesus Christ got angry, I thought 'whew!' ok, there was an honest dude here once upon a time and look what he obviously got done'. Until I then understood that he was used as the exception not the example and adding to that, he had a penis so he was better allowed righteous anger. Women are supposed to keep silent in the church, blah puke so on and so spewingforth.

But I took it and I kept my mouth shut and stuffed any anger I had and it almost killed me three times.

We're supposed to tell truths, yes? Sometimes that is going to include being angry and we'll perhaps even make other people angry in the process; it's going to happen!

We're supposed to take care of those we love, which in my house means being as honest as one can possibly muster and then some if they wanna stay in my house. Again, that kind of honesty is going to ruffle some assfeathers and that's not a bad thing.

Do I kick people outa my house or not invite them in the first place who make a choice to not be honest on a consistent basis? Call my first born, she'll fill ya in, she's not lived here in a LONG time.

Understandably there is the kind of rage some of us are familiar with that Martindale spewed on our faces (literally for some) and that's not acceptable, of course. That's the kind of anger that kills spirit. I didn't want to even include his name here but given the platform, it communicates, I suppose.

I used to say "tell me the truth, really, seriously, honestly, I can take it, I promise" and then wait and watch in shock when the listener didn't deliver. Now I'm understanding that the reason they don't deliver is 'cuz they lack the first component of honesty; respect for me.

Angry with me? Sheeeeit, have the stones to find me and tell me ! I love that. Lets have an arguement, lets deal, lets gut it out, I'll still be there on the other end 'cuz that person had courage and fortitude and strength of character and respect for me to believe me, to understand who I am and love enough for me to take the precious time (and it is precious) to spend on the problem that needed the attention.

Again, I'm not talking about screaming, raging, throwing grandma's china. I'm talking about "I'm angry and I deserve it and so do you and lets deal, together". How amazing that is, how freeing, how cleansing, how much closer two people become when it's taken care of. I'm the minority on this and I accept that.

Does that exist in this life anymore? Ham, start a poll, I'll vote NO! quicker than feces through a goose.

Edited by Shellon
  • Upvote 1

A quote sent me by a really cool teenaged friend of my youngest daughter:

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Amen Hopey

• Upvote 1