GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm Burning My Bible Tonight

JavaJane

It's done... But not burnt, just thrown in the trash. I have other Bibles in other versions - I especially enjoy my copy of The Message. It keeps my brain from going back to Way-ville when I read. It's nice.

I couldn't burn the thing becuase of having a very busy toddler and high winds... Didn't go well together since said toddler was velcroed to mommy and the only place I had to burn it was the grill outside.

All chants and dances were very appreciated. Especially squirrel dances. I love those. Reminds me of the Witchdoctor song done by the Chipmunks... :)

while I would normally never consider burning any book, I felt it necessary to rid myself of that one - it wasn't a Bible to me anymore. It was a Way Ministry research tool. When I want to sit and read from a Bible I want to be able to enjoy it from a fresh perspective without the shadow or taint to twi on the page.

I'm glad it's gone.

I'm glad you are moving on Java, it sounds like your journey is moving you into a better place. :eusa_clap:

The place I found to deal with what you shared about what you are going through isn't so much that you were burning a bible, but that you have to discard all the nasty, dishonest, unloving, doublespeaking, and abusive influence that your Way International notes that happened to be in your old bible represent for you. Personally I am glad for you that The Way International didn't spoil that for you like they have for so many others.

But I just found out that The Way has been referring to Howard Allen as Uncle Howard as of late. Back in my Way days we had only Harry Wierwille as the designated uncle of the crowd and of course we had "Uncle Harry Day" to go along with his moniker.

The unique and healthy direction your own life has been moving lately has given me an idea. :ph34r:

We could have a brand new day in honor of all those who have had to learn to move on, away from the perverse and twisted things that The Way International has done to the Grace of God....

We could call it.......(drumroll)..........UNCLE HOWARD'S DAY

MOOmmy in da verd, heh, was that a fruedian slip? :wacko:

They claim the status and many folks buy into it.....blech!

Thank you for having such a big part in updating Wayworld for me Oldskool.

We could call it.......(drumroll)..........UNCLE HOWARD'S DAY

evildenk.gif only if we could burn an effigy of Uncle Howard... the perv. Guy always gave me the heebie geebies every time I got around him. Always wanting to hug just a LITTLE too long... Always a little too hands on, if you know what I mean. Ughhh.... I shudder at the memory.

I've been doing some reading and some thinking Java.

I don't think these pervs need to be worried about us burning any effigies. :biglaugh:

I'm pretty sure they will go on some long diatribe to keep their mind-numbed followers in check as they doubtlessly will do, or already have. :nono5:

Besides, our lame attempts would be so second rate compared to the fire that's obviously coming.

(edited for the sake of clarity)

Edited by JeffSjo