GreaseSpot Cafe

Whose credibility?

Steve Lortz

I was just watching Judge Judy. The case involved a plaintiff who had co-signed for a friend who defaulted on the loan. Judge Judy ruled in favor of the plaintiff. Out in the hallway afterward, when the producers ask the participants what lessons they had leared, the plaintiff said, "It's good to do things for people, just not with your credit."

The Trustees traded on our credibility. When we would present a greencard to someone, that person was't thinking, "Can I trust V.P. Wierwille, or Martindale and the Trustees?" That person was thinking "Can I trust this guy sticking this card in my face?" When I borrowed folding chairs from a funeral home to run PFAL, I was the one who had to sign for them.

TWI built its multi-level marketing "ministry," not just by hoovering down our money, but also by making merchandise of OUR believability, OUR reputations for honesty.

TWI broke me when I went Lightbearers while in residence, and I finally deliberately, heartlessly, manipulated two people to get them to sign greencards.

After we got back to Gunnison we were told "Oh well, it doesn't really matter if you didn't get anybody to sign up." That was the beginning of the end for me.

It's good to do things for people, just not with your credit, INDEED!

Love,

Steve

Enjoyed the perspective, Steve.

Years ago I worked with a believer and we had slowly been "witnessing" to our employer. Well, the boss had us both over for dinner with him and his family one evening. After dinner we started working on a bottle of wine and his family excused. About the time we were happily buzzed my fellow wayfer whips out a class registration card and moved into one of the most unscrupulous sales pitches I ever witnessed (pun intended) and he signed him up for the class. The poor guy sobered up and dropped himself from the class. No refund, out a hundred bucks was he.

My wayfer friend was interim corpse at the time so I was in awe that he would do that. Again, even though my conscience screamed "scum bag move!" I chalked it up to being bold. Needless to say my credibility with the boss was shot and I soon moved on to another job after my bud went in-residence a few weeks later.