GreaseSpot Cafe

Bribery

waysider

but is there a law of grace so to speak in the way; I can take this from you, the law of grace will cover it attitude?

Yes, there is a long history of the "grace will cover it" attitude in The Way. They used it as a license to do things that most Christians would take for granted as being sinful. Things like having sex with someone else's spouse. Wierwille is known for frequently saying, "Do what you like as long as you like what you do." Most honest people would recognize such an attitude for what it really is...... rationalization.

Do what you like, as long as you like what you do; that is crazy, in the real world, one would get in trouble with the cops. Maybe I would like to do that, but what would the cops think about, my like's. Roman Ch. 13 kinda covers that in away?

Do what you like, as long as you like what you do; that is crazy, in the real world, one would get in trouble with the cops. Maybe I would like to do that, but what would the cops think about, my like's. Roman Ch. 13 kinda covers that in away?

Wierwille considered himself to be above the law.

Yes, there is a long history of the "grace will cover it" attitude in The Way. They used it as a license to do things that most Christians would take for granted as being sinful. Things like having sex with someone else's spouse. Wierwille is known for frequently saying, "Do what you like as long as you like what you do." Most honest people would recognize such an attitude for what it really is...... rationalization.

Sure. If the MOG screws your spouse, or if someone swears like a sailor in front of 5-year-olds or beats his wife, or gets someone other than his wife pregnant, then it's grace, man. Go ahead and get an abortion there's no condemnation. It's not profitable to bring up these sorts of things and they certainly should not be brought up in public so as not to embarrass anyone.

However, leave a speck of dust on the piano while doing set-up, arrange the flowers at the podium incorrectly, or have chairs not perfectly lined up, or not have enough songbooks out, there will be Hell to pay...in public too! Furthermore, if you're a guy, you'd better have your holy spirit lapel pin in place and your name tag on the right. If you've been WOW, the holy spirit dove should be facing the wow pin, which should be over your heart. Failure to do any of these would result in a serious tongue lashing, often in public.

Talk about straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel, geesh!

"Someone will offer you a gift and you’ll say,'Well Rev. Martindale doesn’t want us taking those anymore.' I’ll fire you as soon as I hear about it. If you don’t agree with me on this, get out of my ministry."

MY ministry?

This is small potatoes compared to what that stark raving lunatic used to yell about at lunch. I remember the fear of most Staff was being made in to a lunch time ravings. I heard so much crap spewed from his mouth over years of being on Staff. I heard personal details about other people's lives. He had absolutely no right to share this information on a public forum like he did. It is ethically and morally wrong on so many levels. Yet so many of us sat there looking like deer in the headlights. We were afraid to say anything to another for fear of it getting out and then getting your arse reamed.

Yes, that was life in the Promised Land of the Prevailing Word.

:smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid:

Edited by Nottawayfer