GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille's Law

skyrider

During my twi-tenure and post-twi study.....I have come to realize that wierwille was the "alpha and omega" of his organization. Wierwille's Law, or law of believing, embraced whatever was in the advancement of a wierwille-pyramid theology. All the trappings of idolatry are present to those who stand back and put it to the test of scripture.

To "alpha" his mogness, wierwille claims he audibly heard from God. Wierwille "omegas" his life's work by stating, "I wish I were the man I know to be." What an epitaph! I wish.... I were.... I know. The service he rendered was self-serving narcissism. He was a legend of biblical proportions in his own mind....and all who ate fully at his table.

In pfal....his teachings had a sinister way of stripping the individual of identity, worth, family, and inject pseudo-christian concepts and laws. Twig "families" became the essence of togetherness and "standing on the word." The more one became isolated from family and past relationships, the more one accepted the dependency of this new cult order.

Wayspeak was the new language of spiritual acceptance. Holidays were shunned and ridiculed in teaching the more and perfect way. Of course, Halloween was unmasked in all its evil, but Christmas was pagan, too, donchaknow? Rather than focusing on common ground areas of agreement, twi's teachings reveled in stirring up strife and division!!

In systematic manipulation, as if we were marching to a silent drumbeat or stirred to action by subliminal messaging......more and more were attending the annual Rock of Ages and/or going WOW. Each commitment reinforced "the buyer" of his product or was it all self-induced to claim access to peer pressure and group involvement? No matter. The results were the same as twi continued to grow and dominate our lives.

By far, imo......the most captivating episode of twi was the corps indoctrination. Silly me, I actually thought that going to Emporia would garner spiritual growth to help others. What the heck did I know...being 21 and naive? Ha. I didn't expect to subject my life to an isolated camp of wierwillism. With information overload and 3 months of rehashed pfal, welcome to Emporia. The "us versus them" was not only directed at unbelievers, but non-corps as well. In retrospect, I see how they laced vanity with elitism.

In the corps, wierwille's suggestions were NOT merely suggestions, they were commandments! After all, the guy was not only the man of God, but a general of sorts. I really never took that corps analogy to mean equivalent to marine corps....but, behind closed doors, it is amazing how one can be manipulated and exploited to do whatever. The double standards reeked of unfairly partial in terms of gender or good-looking, etc. And, why do the girls most often ride the motorcoach with wierwille to other campuses? Stop it, I told myself. You are supposed to render prayers and double-honor to those who serve in leadership.

The perfect storm was created.....the DTA classs deemed me as a front to the devil, others could also be tools, and the mog was infallible.

By 1977, 1978....some corps and brave souls were exiting twi, but only a small trickle. Most corps and advanced class grads were corraled by an invisible fence, a doctrine that underpinned its cohesiveness...."The Word is the Ministry and the Ministry is the Word." Wierwille stated his law many times over. The teachings of The Way were synonymous with The Word; thus, standing with twi was standing for God. If you left twi, you left God. Simple, right? In a world of smoke and mirrors and motorcoaches....the inner circle guarding wierwille's image of idolatry, allowed few to peer into the secret world of lockboxes and lust.

So many things could be stated......but, wierwille's death in 1985 brought an end to the stanglehold and the chains were broken. Wierwille's law of believing could not save him. With one glass eye and his world unraveling, cancer claimed another life. And still, Howard and Don addressed the corps and staff with lies about vpw's death. With cancer as a devil spirit in wierwille's adv class teachings, the curtain was pulled back for all to see. Even Geer, in his poop paper was covering over the sins and death of wierwille.

Do twi offshoots continue to praise the name of wierwille? Yeah.

Do wierwille followers still cleave to their pfal series of books? Probably.

Did wierwille's self-righteous "law of believing" triumph over God's laws of sin, adultery, pride, works of the flesh, etc? Nope.

It has been a long, strange journey back to my homeland, my family, my true self and my Lord....but I made it. And yet, I know that others didn't fare as well. Some still struggle with accounts of rape, abortion, divorce, abandonment, isolation and even death. I can easily count 15-20 close friends of mine who died prematurely. For some, it will continue to be a life of regrets, and hardship, and misery.

These past 10 years I've come to Greasespot for mainly one purpose.....TO EXPOSE TWI.

Thank you, Paw for keeping the doors open here at The Cafe for all these years. There is no way to fathom how many lives you've helped as the rippling reaches around the world. Even Peter Wade from Australia, a man who is mentioned in the pfal class, sends his regards to your efforts. Awesome, man.

Journey on. You are all welcome at my campfire.

During my twi-tenure and post-twi study.....I have come to realize that wierwille was the "alpha and omega" of his organization. Wierwille's Law, or law of believing, embraced whatever was in the advancement of a wierwille-pyramid theology. All the trappings of idolatry are present to those who stand back and put it to the test of scripture.

To "alpha" his mogness, wierwille claims he audibly heard from God. Wierwille "omegas" his life's work by stating, "I wish I were the man I know to be." What an epitaph! I wish.... I were.... I know. The service he rendered was self-serving narcissism. He was a legend of biblical proportions in his own mind....and all who ate fully at his table.

In pfal....his teachings had a sinister way of stripping the individual of identity, worth, family, and inject pseudo-christian concepts and laws. Twig "families" became the essence of togetherness and "standing on the word." The more one became isolated from family and past relationships, the more one accepted the dependency of this new cult order.

Wayspeak was the new language of spiritual acceptance. Holidays were shunned and ridiculed in teaching the more and perfect way. Of course, Halloween was unmasked in all its evil, but Christmas was pagan, too, donchaknow? Rather than focusing on common ground areas of agreement, twi's teachings reveled in stirring up strife and division!!

In systematic manipulation, as if we were marching to a silent drumbeat or stirred to action by subliminal messaging......more and more were attending the annual Rock of Ages and/or going WOW. Each commitment reinforced "the buyer" of his product or was it all self-induced to claim access to peer pressure and group involvement? No matter. The results were the same as twi continued to grow and dominate our lives.

By far, imo......the most captivating episode of twi was the corps indoctrination. Silly me, I actually thought that going to Emporia would garner spiritual growth to help others. What the heck did I know...being 21 and naive? Ha. I didn't expect to subject my life to an isolated camp of wierwillism. With information overload and 3 months of rehashed pfal, welcome to Emporia. The "us versus them" was not only directed at unbelievers, but non-corps as well. In retrospect, I see how they laced vanity with elitism.

In the corps, wierwille's suggestions were NOT merely suggestions, they were commandments! After all, the guy was not only the man of God, but a general of sorts. I really never took that corps analogy to mean equivalent to marine corps....but, behind closed doors, it is amazing how one can be manipulated and exploited to do whatever. The double standards reeked of unfairly partial in terms of gender or good-looking, etc. And, why do the girls most often ride the motorcoach with wierwille to other campuses? Stop it, I told myself. You are supposed to render prayers and double-honor to those who serve in leadership.

The perfect storm was created.....the DTA classs deemed me as a front to the devil, others could also be tools, and the mog was infallible.

By 1977, 1978....some corps and brave souls were exiting twi, but only a small trickle. Most corps and advanced class grads were corraled by an invisible fence, a doctrine that underpinned its cohesiveness...."The Word is the Ministry and the Ministry is the Word." Wierwille stated his law many times over. The teachings of The Way were synonymous with The Word; thus, standing with twi was standing for God. If you left twi, you left God. Simple, right? In a world of smoke and mirrors and motorcoaches....the inner circle guarding wierwille's image of idolatry, allowed few to peer into the secret world of lockboxes and lust.

So many things could be stated......but, wierwille's death in 1985 brought an end to the stanglehold and the chains were broken. Wierwille's law of believing could not save him. With one glass eye and his world unraveling, cancer claimed another life. And still, Howard and Don addressed the corps and staff with lies about vpw's death. With cancer as a devil spirit in wierwille's adv class teachings, the curtain was pulled back for all to see. Even Geer, in his poop paper was covering over the sins and death of wierwille.

Do twi offshoots continue to praise the name of wierwille? Yeah.

Do wierwille followers still cleave to their pfal series of books? Probably.

Did wierwille's self-righteous "law of believing" triumph over God's laws of sin, adultery, pride, works of the flesh, etc? Nope.

It has been a long, strange journey back to my homeland, my family, my true self and my Lord....but I made it. And yet, I know that others didn't fare as well. Some still struggle with accounts of rape, abortion, divorce, abandonment, isolation and even death. I can easily count 15-20 close friends of mine who died prematurely. For some, it will continue to be a life of regrets, and hardship, and misery.

These past 10 years I've come to Greasespot for mainly one purpose.....TO EXPOSE TWI.

Thank you, Paw for keeping the doors open here at The Cafe for all these years. There is no way to fathom how many lives you've helped as the rippling reaches around the world. Even Peter Wade from Australia, a man who is mentioned in the pfal class, sends his regards to your efforts. Awesome, man.

Journey on. You are all welcome at my campfire.

An awesome rendering, history of what it was, thanks for sharing Edited by smitty