GreaseSpot Cafe

Like what?

waysider

So often I have heard people say of Wierwille, "He taught me the greatness of The Word."

Like what?

So much of what he "taught" was bogus, plagiarized or just plain faulty research, that it's almost laughable----except it's really not funny.

People who say that haven't looked around and allowed themselves to be exposed to other material. They were discouraged from doing so. They were hurting creatures and when they heard something even remotely positive it was like a breath of fresh air to them. It felt good, so they closed themselves off from considering anything else, unless it was to mock someone else's ministry.

Remember session 5, "Christ in You, Christ in you...etc."? My first time through PFAL I remember wondering why the grads were seemingly so excited. Someone said it was "The Great Mystery Revealed", that it was the first time in 2000 years that people were being taught this. I was taken back a bit, because I had been taught that very thing in the Methodist Church and I said so. I was told that I "still needed to grow and that one day I would understand." I bought that line, I was 17 years old.

It wasn't too long afterwards that I, too, would be one of those "excited grads" claiming that this was all hidden since the first century.