GreaseSpot Cafe

The Game of Incrementalism

skyrider

They told you that? Did they tell you where your services were required?

Sure. That's how I wound up living where I am. I could have left long ago but things just snowball...You know?....get married, buy a house, job commitments, kids, etc., etc., etc......Never did really like this place, though. Even after 35 years, I still call Cleveland my home....I'm weird like that.

edit:

I started a thread on this topic a few years ago.

HERE

Edited by waysider

Sure. That's how I wound up living where I am. I could have left long ago but things just snowball...You know?....get married, buy a house, job commitments, kids, etc., etc., etc......Never did really like this place, though. Even after 35 years, I still call Cleveland my home....I'm weird like that.

edit:

I started a thread on this topic a few years ago.

HERE

That's just silly i.e. your "services weren't needed". So were your "services needed" in the city you currently reside? Why did you not choose a city closer to your home like Akron, which is closer to Cleveland?

Edited by Broken Arrow

That's just silly i.e. your "services weren't needed". So were your "services needed" in the city you currently reside? Why did you not choose a city closer to your home like Akron, which is closer to Cleveland?

This city was chosen FOR me by the limb leader. I did not chose it. In fact, I was assigned to an entirely different city BEFORE I went into FLO, by a different limb leader, because, despite a lot of activity in that city, they had no Advanced Class grads to give an appearance of credibility as class instructors. Likewise, another city was chosen FOR my brother, who had also been active on the Cleveland scene before FLO. (I think he only stayed in that city for about a year, though.)

Were my services needed here? Nope. I never did get anything new started here, mainly because I was at odds with some of the decisions that were being made at HQ, particularly the "needs basis" wages/salary idea. I saw people in the private sector here being exploited, with this being used as the excuse. It resulted in quite a few heated arguments with my then wife who was convinced that any decision coming out of New Knockwurst just HAD to be the real deal. I just faded into the existing scene, little by little...incrementally.

Edited by waysider