GreaseSpot Cafe

Airport Security

socks

On my recent round-the-world trip, I got frisked at every airport I went through. Even en route, when the plane stopped over, all the passengers were herded off the plane into the transit lounge - via security checks. Without exception, the lines moved quickly, and the staff were polite and good humored - this in several countries including Singapore and Hong Kong, where the Chinese didn't speak much English (that they let on to).

Contrast this with times when I have been through the US and in particular LA - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long lines, horribly rude and significantly unhelpful staff, it's amazing they aren't assaulted several times a day by the passengers they have insulted.

This, folks, is the Face of America for visitors and tourists - not just for nationals.

The idea of "security" must be to discourage anyone from traveling. Especially from overseas. There, folks, that'll solve all the security problems! See, no-one comes here any more!

I know many people who would never ever travel via the US again. I'm one of them.

• Upvote 1