GreaseSpot Cafe

Bible Study Software

Twinky

Hey folks, I got myself a new computer and it works faster than watching paint dry like my old one did. So now I can run a few useful and/or interesting programs, one of which will be one or more Bible study programs.

Just wondered which ones folks here found most useful, and why. I already use Online Bible Study Tools and several people have recommended Blue Letter Bible or some such name. Perhaps some programs are better than others. Ease of use and ease of comparison would be preferable to tons of commentaries.

Thanks for your help.

We (well Fred isn'there any more but I am still thinking "we" especially in Bible things) have used QuickVerse since the 1980's when it first came out on one little 3"x3" disk. QuickVerse was created by Parsons Technology that had a great Church Membership program as well as Quicken and QuickBooks. Of course Bob Parson has gone on to other things and sold off the programs but QuickVerse is still my standby because it's like a comfortable shoe to me that helps me walk into God's living room.

I also got Logos because I wanted to try one of the fancier versions when I was flush, and have had it a couple of years, and it's pretty fancy with a lot of stuff, but I am working at it and getting comfortable with it. It's pretty nice.

I still use the hardcopy of my first Young's Concordance that I love to pull out. Just fingering it brings me within earshot of the Holy Spirit.

When at work especially I am so very thankfful for the online Bible sites such as biblegateway.com and blueletterbible.com, which make it possible to find a verse I need during the work day without taking too much time from what I am being paid to do. The Blueletterbible.com I think is one of the originals and has been developing for all these years, so it's pretty deep in the spirit. Also it's one of the few that has kjv as its default version, which I especially like.

There have been other threads discussing this subject Online free Bible software and online Bible on PC and Online Bible study tools and Bible software and Dictionaries and other resources and How many QuickVerse users out there are the ones I could find.

Edited by Kit Sober