GreaseSpot Cafe

From the homeschool net

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRADS IN SERVICE

This week, our phones went dead and I had to call the telephone repair people. They promised to be out between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00p.m. When I asked if they could give me a smaller time window the pleasant

gentleman asked, "Would you like us to call you before we come?" I replied that I didn't see how he would be able to do that since our phones weren't working. He also requested that we report future outages by email (Does YOUR email , work without a telephone line?).

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRADS AT WORK

I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature I had just signed on

the receipt. So I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared the signature to the one I had just signed on the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched.

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRADS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: too many deer were being hit by cars and she didn't want them to cross there anymore.

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRADS IN FOOD SERVICE

My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRAD SIGHTING #1

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?"

To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?"

She smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRAD SIGHTING #2

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

PUBLIC SCHOOL GRAD SIGHTING #3

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly

to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's open!"

To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

csa_3rdnat.gif

DEO VINDICE!!

Ron G.

This reminds me of Jay Leno's Man on the Street Polls (maybe not their correct name). Some people do really stupid things.

Probably those that performed these outrageous acts were public school grads, only because of the higher % of students who achieve a diploma coming from public schools, not necessarily because they graduated from a public school! Also - it may be more likely that these "stupid" acts were committed by high school drop outs (most of which are from public schools)

Check out some of the statistics especially in some of the larger cities. You may be appalled at the per centage of students who drop out! In some places it can be almost half of the incoming freshmen class who will fail to graduate.

In general I do believe those schooled at home (and in many private schools) receive a better education, that doesn't mean all public school students achieve nothing and are the only ones without common sense.