GreaseSpot Cafe

Witches & Witchcraft

Oakspear

Interesting subject Oak. Has anyone here or any one had any encounters with witches ? And if so what was your experience ? I had one experience which was quite unsettling and happened in a local tavern right after I got into TWI. Seemed people in my fellowship thought witnessing in the bars was a great way to get people in PFAL. Me in my new found arrogant spiritual zeal was down with that ! lol Anyway I remeber once running into a girl who I had known from the neighborhood who had a reputation for being quite loose & crazy if you know what I mean ? lol She was beautiful and we struck up a conversation talkin about the good old days ! Anyway she shared with me that she was now a witch and seemed to be challenging my new spiritual wisdom. Being the zealous fool I was then and for many years after I greatly underestimated her relam of spirituality but did recognize & somewhat respect the power it represented. As she shared about her secret meetings of darkness I found myself quite intrigued until she told me that she was chanting my name at these meetings ! Freaked me out but didn't let her know that just put on a bold counterfeit TWI face as we talked but it did awken me big time to my own spiritual realm & God did show me it was an area not too mess with and to use wisdom instead of cockiness. Your post kind of stirred up that memory from long ago and find it interesting to say the least. I remember too having an American Indian family that lived next door when I was a WOW. He shared some facinating aspects on medicine men in his tribe. He had these small burlap pouches he had rec'd from his medicine man which I asked about which started the sharing. So thanks for the info & others it's great learning to the end for me to really see where I am at with my own spirituality & I am thankful I do have somewhat of an answer in my believing God & believing what I can prove in my own life , even if it is just a little trickle sometimes !

Witches, witchcraft, shaman, ghosts, bugaboos...BE AFRAID!!!!!!!

Not really...I'm teasing.

People often consider me a witch. It's been like this since I was an early teen...when I was involved in a coven and thought for sure I was a "born" witch (one who inherits from her ancestors). Of course, I had know way of really knowing such a thing...my birth mother died when I was 2yo and my adoptive family did not want me to know anything about her.

Most of what I did in that coven was revenge type of stuff (we were all into that at the time...a bunch of hormonal teens, each with a home life that was lacking...go figure). I understood instinctually that 99% of what we were doing was fear trips...the other 1% was the people being afraid. Using fear was a real head rush for a powerless kid in a bad situation. I learned to stare intently at someone if they were going off on me. My parents hated that! They'd be hitting me and screaming at me...and I'd just stand there staring into their souls, sometimes quietly chanting, sometimes smiling. It freaked them out pretty badly...to the point that they finally quit hitting me and screaming at me. Hey! It worked!

Anyway, part of the reason that I got involved with twi was because I had been told by the coven that "once a witch, always a witch". TWI promised me "power" to change these kinds of things "with the love of god in the renewed mind in manifestation".

I was in twi for over 2 years before I would take the class. It had been paid for...I had started a couple or three times...but I couldn't understand how something that was nearly identical to what I had learned in the coven was supposed to be "godly".

Years later I finally understood.

Funny...all the while some twi-ers were pointing the "WITCH!" finger at me...well, they were doing what they could to discredit me because I was opening my big mouth about the child abuse.

But I get the "WITCH!" finger pointed at me just about everywhere I go (anybody remember trancenet??? icon_eek.gifanim-smile.gif ). It used to bother me terribly...could send me into long depressions even.

I do not consider myself a practitioner of witchcraft, however I do things that people associate with witchcraft...like...

have an indoor herb garden...

meditate to the point of trance...

wear "witchy" clothing (like Dharma's mother)...

shop at "witchy" herb stores...

hang out at "witchy" coffee shops...

see more than what's being shown...

understand more than what's being alluded to...

"read" the weather and other natural activities around me (like 2 years ago I noticed that the .... ants were too small and were only out for a couple of weeks, and there had been no june bugs...so I got my husband to help me store about 100 gallons of water)...

make tinctures and oils...

These things add up in many people's heads to "witchcraft".

I have never understood why people don't see these things simply for what they are...which is simple living at its best.

?????????????

Hi Cool Waters. I think there are still teen groups like that, kids who have had alot of upheaval in life...

I have an outdoor flower and herb garden, it's lovely. Mostly culinary herbs, or tea herbs. I confess I collect little resin and cement statues to tuck around plants. Fairies, suns and moons, birds...not for spiritual reasons, they are just so cute.

I don't dress witchy. I like red! Lots of red shirts. One is kinda gauzey/witchy. Oh, one gauzy black one with red flowers.

The college girl wicca group here dresses pretty obvious--lots of black and witch jewelry. Wicca things on their cars, etc. But college is a whole other world.

The people I know the best tend to be t shirt blue jean type of ladies. Most have regular jobs etc. Nearly everyone I know is 'in the closet.' I met them hanging around the local metaphysical store, which is owned and run by a wiccan elder/priestess. Has classes. For free! No other witchy hang out here. A coffee shop would be so nice!

So. am I off topic? Will I get a slap down from a moderator?