GreaseSpot Cafe

How would I post an mp3 file?

bowtwi

Thanks for answering! I could do with just one line of the song - it would communicate the gist - it's a song on a site similar to Napster. I'll talk it over with bowtwi jr. and see if we can do it between the two of us. I hope it's worth the buildup!

(hmmm, "just post a link to it.")

Okay, you may want a further explanation of "just post a link". I can take a hint - sometimes.

If the URL was this: www.napster.com/songlink.mp3 then to post a link to it you would type in something like this:

<a href="www.napster.com/songlink.mp3">Name of the Song!!!</a>

Change the www.napster.com/songlink.mp3 to whatever is the URL of what you want to post, but otherwise type it character for character. And you'll be all set!

Oh, you may notice that the www.napster.com/blahblah looks like a link - that's another way of adding a link to a post, just type in the URL minus the "http://" part

If you post a link to a song, the size of the file doesn't matter. But on the Nostalgia thread, we post links to songs that are much smaller .wav files.

There may be a loss of sound quality, but for our purposes over there, it is insignificant.

Sudo or I will be happy to show you how to do it if you want to come and play along with us.