GreaseSpot Cafe

Greetings from Baghdad

oilfieldmedic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all my free postage boxes, labels, customs forms, etc. from USPS yesterday. I'll be getting some goodies in the mail this week-end! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I think I'm going to have more fun putting the packages together than the people who receive them!

Hi all:

Just got back (5 days late) from another camp here...between two mortar attacks and a sandstorm...I finally made it back to my puter...so, sorry for the delay...these terrorists just won't listen to me!

Anyway back to the topic...60 minute cards will be great...again, I spoke with the 1ST Sargent and he will gladly disperse them to all the men here...

Coolchef...please extend my appreciation from all the 3rd Calvary here and from me for their generosity, care and concern.

Now, if the Sadrist (followers of Al Sadr) behave themselves, maybe we'll have peace on earth! ...and I'm the pope!

Oilfieldmedic

Have you checked out anysoldier.com? You can enroll there and post requests. There are plenty of citizens around the world that check that site and are willing to help out.

My cub scout den spent this evening drawing pictures, writing notes and packing up snack packs to send. I took their photos and when developed with pack it all up and send to another group in the 3rd Cav (Blackjack) I have been corresponding with from out of Ft. Lewis.

You guys (and gals) are great. I sure am thankful for your efforts. Keep up the great work!

My son, Paul Phillip, will be located north of Baghdad at something called Anaconda. There is a phone service called Vonage. All you need is a router and you can make unlimited phone calls for 35.00 a month. He said a lot of the guys are doing this and it saves them a lot of time and money. Hope this helps. http://www.vonage.com May God bless you and keep you safe in the palms of His hands.

love,

Vickie

• 2 months later...