GreaseSpot Cafe

Potty Training - not for the faint of heart

ChasUFarley

Thanks for all the tips.

I think I'm going to write one of those MasterCard commercials about this experience:

Blue's Clues Cotton Underoos.......... $12.00

a paddedBob the Builder potty seat.... $19.00

a new mop for the bathroom floor...... $9.00

Having your son potty trained before kindergarten..... PRICELESS!

• 2 months later...

It's been a few months since I started this thread and although I'm sure none of you have been on the edge of your chairs wondering about how "The Wee One" was doing... We had a few "false starts" with potty training over the past few months.

Earlier this month, when we'd finally had "ENOUGH!" we took what we thought would work - the bribery, cotton underware, taking him ever 90 min. to the potty, etc. and as of this week he is, for the most part, trained! (Never a wet night since the Bob The Builder undies went on his bottom!)

I won't bore you with the details - he did catch on pretty quickly, although the first three or four days were a little rough.

The funniest part about him going in the potty is how he gives the contents of the toilet a big send-off as he flushes - "Bye-bye pee pee! Have a good day! See you later!" (I'm not making this up! It's a riot to listen to!)

Thanks again to all of you who chimed in with your wisdom and advise - I don't know what we'd do without you!

Dry hugs to all!

-Krista

YIPPPPEEEEEE!

YA HOOO wooopie

and congrats.

and a few years shy of the college years to BOOT!!!!

yeah good for you hooray ! nice time of year to see it done.

back in the day I remeber the kid peed in the store in his pants and froze till we got home so I suggest for the next couple of months ya know the cold makes ya want to go sometimes carry an extra set of pants just in case.

accidents can still happen or sometimes I just wouldnt allow their little fanny to sit on THAT particular public toilet when traveling etc.

also during the holidays we all run around alot more and wait in line alot more and time get rushed and crazy and little ones get tired and fall asleep and wake up having to pee when your in a parking lot trying to find the car in a snowstrom with a 1100 bags of xmas stuff. and and and ya hear I got to go potty and hang on a minute isnt going to work right now.

well just in case keep an extra set in the car or whatever.. I am now putting one in for myself . hehehe just in case.

my son was potty trained very well untill the day his pants froze in the parking lot trying to find the freaking car at the mall.

well after that he thought he had to pee every time he felt a breeze and fussed about going shopping.

Congratulations!

Since I wrote my experience with bribery, I've come to realize that maybe it wasn't actualy bribery...it was an incentive.

As mj stated though..be prepared during this season. Newly pottied children sometimes have difficulty when the weather changes and becomes cold. Mine both had accidents then, and both did have at least one accident at night when the weather turned cold.

Funny. What worked with mine was when we were at a resort in So. Italy for about a month during the summer when mine was a little over 3 years old. My little one had been in regular underwear during the day for months, but we still had to use the pull ups during the night or would deal with a wet mattress. Well, we brought a package of the pullups with us, but ran out. The Italians didn't have pullups -- they only had pampers. So, we had to let her tough it out. She let go the first night. And that was that. She found she didn't like waking up with wet jams and wet sheets. The beauty of the situation was that she ruined the hotel's mattress, not ours. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->