GreaseSpot Cafe

Cleaning the Juiceman

Belle

I have the fancy dancy Juiceman something or other that I got a killer deal on at eBay. Now I'm finally using it on a pretty regular basis, but I can't stand cleaning the darn thing.

I have a toothbrush and clean it very well every time I use it, but it's getting to be a pain. Is there a trick to it? Something that doesn't take so long with the little toothbrush or that gets the pulp out easier?

I hardly use the George Foreman because I don't like to clean it. I hate to put my juicer away with George.

Why is it so expensive and time-consuming to eat healthy???? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

hi Belle.

i use a bigger brush. like a vegetable brush.

also, i stopped being so anal about how clean it get it every time i use it (which used to be once a day). and i soak it really good once or twice a week.

and once very so often i hit it with this steamer thingy i got at Home Depot.

something i've been meaning to try, is nuking a cuple cups of water and pouring it thru the juicer while its still going. see if it cuts down on the cleaning time.

if that works, i might find a way to gut the hardware and rig a way to put it in the sink without gettin shocked.

bottomline for me, i love and benefit from the way it juices way too much to ever put it down.

i think part of the problem is how its kinda trapped on the countertop. a "gift" from conventional 20th century technology, i guess.

i hear ya about how hard it is to eat healthy in the hustle bustle of things. if i had my druthers (which i just might soon), i would husband an orchard and a garden.

icon_smile.gif:)-->