GreaseSpot Cafe

Crime

ex70sHouston

I had a drugged out gang member pull a gun on me in a park once, but his friends called him off. I'd like to point out that he was NOT black.

I also gave a ride home to a guy who had robbed a store up the street from us. Of course, I didn't know that when I was giving him a ride.

The house I lived in when I was a kid was broken into a couple of times (not that we ever locked the doors in that little town) but that was just kids being stupid.

I had a car stolen when I lived in Atlanta a number of years ago. Luckily it was an old beater and the insurance company paid more than I paid for it.

Other than that, I've not been a victim of crime other than minor identity theft, and even then it was easily taken care of. Im also a gun owner, but I seriously doubt I'd ever need to shoot someone in self defense. I also have alarms on my vehicles. That's no guarantee that it will not be stolen, but it does make the odds go a little more in my favor.

I had arrived home from a long business trip, when this happened. I normally take my tapes in the house when I leave my technovan, but I was so tired from the trip that this time I didn't. I also forgot to lock the rear doors, though I locked the side and front doors.

The thief crawled into my van and removed all of the Way Production tapes I owned, save the one that was in the tape deck. I'm surprised he, or she, didn't try to take the deck too. I discovered the theft the next morning, but I've never recovered the tapes. These days, I don't want them back anyway. I can imagine his shock to find out that the tapes are absolutely WORTHLESS to anyone but a standing wayfer. I left TWI a few weeks later, so I figure the thief was really doing me a backward favor. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Technobyte

John said :

"I don't know what parallel universe you've been living in, but in the world I live in, black people are more likely to commit crime than white people."

==============================================

Ya know, I can't believe you wrote that and I can't even begin to answer you.

Shocking, shameful, disappointing.