GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Song Contradicts Their Doctrine

Nottawayfer

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael 1969:

Touche, CKnapp.

I think it's fairly well agreed upon that he's absent in some ways and present in others. He's my lord. Can't wait to see him standing in front of me, though.

Rafael, it's possible the Day of the Lord, which I do believe will happen, (which is what Paul referred to rather than "The Return of Christ") may not quite happen according to our expectations, which we often believe we get from the bible. After all, the Jews rejected Jesus as the messiah based on their interpretation of the bible at the time, and what they subsequently expected the messiah to be.

As far as facing the Lord, I hope he's a lot cooler than many take him to be. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Perhaps "The Return of Christ" is a misnomer, it should be referred to as "The Appearing of Christ". icon_wink.gif;)-->

quote:
Originally posted by def59:

Jesus said he would be coming back on a cloud, so keep looking up.

def, I personally have better things to do than to look up. BTW, did Jesus REALLY say that, or is it just a quote falsely attributed to Him?

However, Jesus told Thomas that he only believed because he saw. Then He said that those who could believe without seeing were blessed.

Taking a cue from that, I say that those who believe, even if it were ever proven that The Resurrection and His Return were both HOAXES, are blessed. Paul of course would say otherwise in Corinthians.

The true believers will worship Him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH! I sincerely believe the TRUE believers are in the spirit and are not necessarily looking forward to a return.

As far as the resurrection is concenced, it never happened. And as far as the return is concerned, that will NEVER happen. And my faith? It's still intact! icon_smile.gif:)--> And my faith remains without vain! My faith would remain intact even if in fact tradition holds true and Jesus did literally resurrect bodily, and that He bodily will return in spite of my convictions to the contrary.

In short, my faith stays one way or the other! icon_smile.gif:)-->