GreaseSpot Cafe

Ex-Cult Boards similar to TWI

MountainTopCO

quote:
Originally posted by Radar O'Reilly:

Maybe it is just me but I have to ask this question.....WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE BE INTERESTED IN SOMEONE ELSE'S CULT?

I've had serveral very good reasons over the last few years.

An employee and friend went back to Scientology HQ for a class and they attempted to talk him into staying on staff.

Checked out the "home church" movement after going to a picnic hosted by them.

Checked out the JW's after my daughter started dating one.

Checked out the "Sterling Men's Division" after my neighbor tried to get me involved.

I guess I just attract cult followings. The internet is a great source of information on the subject.

Actually, while I may not be willing to devote much in the way of resources or time studying them, I am interested in hearing about other peoples' experiences in other cults. It's amazing how much they all have in common and it's good to see how the hooks were baited. It seems that there aren't an amazing number of tricks in the cult book and it's great to be able to recognize them a bit more clearly.

Not that I have any intention of ever being a part of any religion of any stripe again as long as I live, but if nothing else my experience and knowledge may help someone else avoid the horrible waste of cult involvement. I wasted twelve years but maybe because of it someone else won't have to. So if someone has a bit of ammo to add, I'm willing to take a look.

Plus, it makes me feel a bit less stupid to see how many other intelligent, reasonable people have fallen for similar crap. I'm sorry it happened to them but at least I'm not alone. And at least I can see that recovery takes a lot of different forms and fashions but it does happen, thank Whatever.

Jason, my point exactly. This is why I started this thread.

It was intriguing to see another group following the same path and liberating knowing that TWI was not unique.

The ICOC shares in the same path from promises of privilege to the destiny of destruction. All with the same premise of uncovered truths form the Word and having a unique relationship with God, not experienced since the first century.

The ICOC dispels the myth that God worked exclusively with TWI as our leaders wanted us to think or that we wanted to think.

Some of the policies LCM put in place are the exact same ones used in ICOC. I wondered if LCM was getting his ideas from them or if all these sorts of organizations take the same path.

It would be beneficial for all the innie lurkers to take a close look at ICOC and the similarities to TWI.