GreaseSpot Cafe

My story and Beliefs About the Lord and The Way International

sky4it

John iam:

Your comment:

Sure, God is perfect, but we're not. So if God authored the bible to us, He did so knowing we'd only be able to take it so far. Far enough to have a relationship with Him, but not far enough to know everything.

I agree with your comment. I also like the fact that you added "not far enough to know everything" It keeps God in our vision and alive in our lives.

Your question:

My view is: what good is it to even have a bible if it has no godly authority?

I agree that the Bible must be used to make us godly , and keep us in the face of Christ.

With respect to analysis of the Bible:

You and I and everyone else were at one time confronted with many doctrinal issues. It is true that the bible helps us have a better map so were not listening to so much stuff all the time.

With respect to analysis of the bible, I agree that it can be beneficial in that area, just not only in that area. I think you can overanalyze and if thats all you do you wind up with problems to. You get more hung up on "right doctrine" than just simply doing what it says.

Interestinly Johniam, the Apostle Paul talked about the simplicity of the gospel. The concept of the cross is supposed to be easy.

You make some very good points. Thank you.