GreaseSpot Cafe

Did you feel like someone died?

Belle

My3Cents - So, if I ever do get to have the “normal” family I dreamed of having, I’ll really be “abnormal”? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Thanks for the kind words, seriously. I do worry that not having a family might be the dire consequences of the horrible decisions I made and didn’t make regarding TWI.

Bramble – Pretty sick, isn’t it, that we were supposed to be the ones living the more abundant life and all most of us could do was envy those friends and family outside the walls of TWI who were obviously truly living it and didn’t even have to tell each other they were so “blessed”

Abigail – Abigail, thank you so much! I’m working on my breathing and relaxation things such as chakra clearing. I am definitely not strong enough to have a baby on my own (but could change my mind by the time I’m 40). I don’t know how single moms do it. I have the utmost respect and admiration for them. It is nice to know that modern medicine and being healthy can make things possible that weren’t years ago.

Shellon – – Glad to hear there is a new normal and softer edges down the road. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I’m sure your words resonate for many more folks than just me.

dmiller – Thank God for the *healthy* insurgents, eh? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Sounds like you were in the perfect place at the right time to be able to get out maybe more healthy attitude. You sound very grounded, Sir.

Rejoice – I’m so sorry you had the double-betrayal emotional roller coaster so similar to mine. I’m glad that therapy is a lot more acceptable and accepted these days or I would have been much more hesitant to go. I think I knew that I was emotionally bankrupt and would have had a nervous breakdown (or had already had one) if I didn’t get some help. I love hearing the simple things of God when I’m in the mood to hear anything about God. Mental ascension just ....e$ me off now.

Mocha Tree Girl - I think the honest, sincere and truly loving folks are the only reason so many of us stayed as long as we did.

houseisarockin - So good to read you again! I’ve missed seeing you around. It is scary to think that I could get sucked in to some other group very similar to TWI. I have a hard time telling people “no” and I think that’s part of the problem and I’m definitely working on that.

My3Cents – I really appreciate all your input here on this thread and at Gspot in general. Thank you for making the time for us. Your ‘manufactured reality’ statement resonates loud and clear. It’s kind of like a parent who knows her kid is doing drugs but refuses to pay attention to the proof.

TheEvan -

quote:
The proof that most of the folks that I "loved" then weren't really my friends is that the friendships didn't survive da Way.

AMEN and AMEN to that! Ditto the marriages, too. If they were truly based on biblical principle we wouldn’t have had to keep secrets, constantly watch and monitor each other. If a group can come between us, what kind of marriage/friendship was it to begin with? I think that’s what really hurts.

Mr. Hammeroni – You never fail to bring a smile to my face! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Thanks!

rascal – So, it’s kinda like being married to a new man but without having to go through the ceremony again, eh?? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I do know it has to be frustrating, but I really admire your determination and strength.