GreaseSpot Cafe

Brenda and Dawn Decher

Georgio Jessio

Hi Georgio,

I lived near them in northeast Columbus Ohio during the early mid eighties. I liked them, they were good folks. Dawn was a real cutie, about 10 to 12 years old then.

I'm sorry I don't remember many details any more. But Brenda was having a rough time of it from the Corps types because she hadn't finished the program. I guess they thought they had to toughen her up to go back in, it just made things a lot harder. Finally, she got kind of bitter about it and wanted out.

Somebody was moving to Florida and invited them to come along. Brenda jumped at the chance to get out of the situation as it was in Columbus. Dawn of course wasn't too happy because of her friends she'd made there.

Thru mutual friends, I heard they were doing better down there, but not strong with TWI. Then heard she was dating an unbeliever, and in time married him. The last I heard, Brenda was out of TWI but was happy.

This was all 15 to 20 years ago. Dawn would be about 30 now. As I recall Brenda was from the Indianapolis Indiana area, my home state.icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

For your internet searches, I think the last name was Decker, not Decher. They were good people and I hope they are doing well. Dawn was a complete sweetie, tell her (and Brenda) I said hi if you ever find her.