GreaseSpot Cafe

Are You Wondering If Someone is Still on Staff?

Nottawayfer

Well, I've encouraged a few to call HQ or Gunnison if they wanted to know if someone was still there. I called HQ today to ask for someone I was thinking about. I was told they didn't work there anymore. That's all. Nothing else. I'm sure if the person still worked there, I would have been transferred. I called on my cell phone, and I made sure I set my phone to not identify my number in caller id, just in case.

I remember when I worked on Staff, my ex-husband called me and left a message to call him. I didn't want to talk to him at all. I called the dept. head of switchboard to ask if calls were screened to keep unwanted people from calling. I was told that they were not able to do that. My ex called again a few weeks later and got me. I just let him know I didn't want to talk to him.

Just thought you all would like to know what happens if you call HQ. I will try Gunnison some time and let you all know.

• 1 month later...

Dovey,

If she is really on your heart, then you should call her. She may be happy to hear from you. If she acts snide, then SelahV babe! Her loss. They won't keep you from being transferred to her. It will be up to her if she decided to talk to you or not. Only you know what kind of friendship you both had. It may turn out all good.

If she is no longer there (which I seriously doubt since she's single Corps), then they will tell you.

WN! Will they put you through, or will they ask who's calling? Do they keep records of who gets calls from who?

I know my ex had to turn in his phone records one time because they didn't want him calling certain people. It amazes me to this day the gall they had getting involved in people's personal lives and worse, that we let them!

My family had never been asked who was calling when they called. Sometimes in Founders Hall people would ask because they would want to tell you who was calling when they knocked on your door. The only phones in Founders Hall are in the hallways--about 3 phones per floor. There is only one room where you can go to have a "private" conversation. They said they were putting booths around the other phones in the halls, but I don't see how private that could be.

Anyway, the switchboard shouldn't be asking who is calling. They told me they had way too much to do when I was there. I wanted them to screen my phone calls from my ex-husband, and they told me they couldn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I recieved a form to order books from the book store and to also order the magazine. I haven't heard from them in over a year. Out of curiosity, I did call the book store and ask for a copy of Karl's book. They ask me what it was about and I truly enjoyed filling them in..I don't think they were to happy to help me after that. They can get pretty rude.

• 1 month later...

quote:
YES I'm looking for Sharen Kay Ritchi last I heard she was at H.Q. in the food dept.

Wyteduv! I was recently instant messaging with a corps person on staff at hq, and I was told that Sharen Kay Ritchie packed her bags and left the joint!!! I don't know where she is, but I wonder if she went back to California. She's out of der veg....good for her.