GreaseSpot Cafe

1 Corinthians 14:6

God first

Hi All

How many times have we read this verse but talk some more about it

(1 Corinthians 14:6) Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

Now brethren = me and you and all other believers

If I = Paul here but could be me or you

come unto you = any other believer

for me it could be you but for you it could be me

speaking = talking with words

and we know that tongues are not profit unless interpreted

what kind of words will profit

1. spoken revelation

2. spoken word of knowledge

3. spoken prophesying

4 spoken doctrine

We are know that the parts of bible was receive by word revelation spoken and other parts were receive by word of knowledge spoken and some were spoken prophecy wrote down

But what is doctrine ?

Is it speaking what was wrote in the past here or what

Just been thinking about it because I believe we can do everything Paul did

And if Paul wrote books like Ephesians so can we

Have you ever try to believe to write a book

Now yes I wrote down words of prophecy but they are nothing like Ephesians nor could they be

Because I am not Paul

Are my words books of the bible I do not known

But what I believe is that our lives are books are the bible

Now yes I can not add to the books like Ephesians but what about new books all together

If I or you wrote a book called year2027 then only I could edit it but if I was just the ghost writer for a book called year2027 wrote by God than only God could edit it

or at least give to ok because God would have all rights of editing the book

just trying to understanding how books were wrote and why more are not added every day

that all

with love Roy

Hi Roy:

Paul was a very unique individual. As the scriptures say he was a chosen vessel. Why did Jesus choose Paul? First of all Paul was very well educated. He not only spoke a few languages, but we can see in studying his writings that he was a very good writer. At this time in history this was very important as unlike today many people of his time were not well educated and could not even read or write at all. Next, Paul was very well versed in the Old Testament. We can see this with the numerous times that he quotes from the Old Testament in his writings. Next, Paul had a special relationship with Jesus Christ. The bible says in fact that Jesus literally appeared to him in his resurrected body and told Paul of his mission in life for the Lord's ministry. Paul also meditated a number of years during which time this knowledge jelled in his heart through the holy spirit. I am sure during this time that he consulted the Old Testament and had many eye opening experiences during which time a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ began to dwell in his heart. For example, Galations 2:1 says it was fourteen years from the time of Paul's conversion to the time that he went again to Jerusalem with Barnabas to preach the gospel.

When Paul was ready and it came time to write the individual church epistles he wrote with the knowledge of what he was writing. God did not just move his hands to write or dictate to him. This knowledge was deep within Paul's heart. It may have been effortless for him in that perhaps he did not have to do rewrites and revisions of his writings unlike many of us when we write. However, it was still a thing that I am sure he worked at and I am sure this diligence involved a number of years of preparation.

I know God can raise up others to teach and write his Word with purity, but the ministry of Paul was unique and irreplaceable. Today when people teach and write the gospel they often quote from Paul's writings. This is similar to Paul quoting from the Old Tesament writings. It is simply a sign of maturity and wisdom that people will acknowledge the excellent work of others that have come before them.

God first

Hi Def59

Yes John said in

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

But the bible was not put together then so was he just talking about his writtens

Now if etc was giving word of prophecy and I added to it that would change the words God has send

I know we sure not add to books like John or Epesians

I can not add a seven chapter to Ephesians because God did not call me too write it

But what about A new book like the book of Radcliff or the book of Roy

just some thinking

with love Roy

Hi Mark Sanguinetti

Yes Paul was unique but you are me are unique in our own way

What are you saying me and you are not chosen vessels

What does good writer have to do with any thing when it comes to God

So are you saying one has to be educated to write a book of the bible Did you know Jesus had little education or he was taught by the holy spirit

Yes he was verse in the OT but me and you have study it too

Do you not know that Jesus the Christ is the spirit within us that tells our spiritual seed what to tell our brain what to tell our mouth which sounds to make when we SIT

My relationship is special to me

Yes Jesus appeared to him in his resurrected body but does not the bible say how greater is for them that believe without seeing him face to face more or less

You talk like Paul wrote by past knowledge NO NO he wrote by the spirit within

I sure there are many notes or lettlers Paul wrote by the spirit within him that have been lost

Yes Paul did not rewrite because his words came by the gift of holy spirit

Now I glad you believe that others can write books

but they must come by the holy spirit because you can prophecy than you write a book

Now I have not wrote nothing but words of prophecy unless they could be called the books of Roy

God calls who he see fix not who I see fix

with love Roy

Roy:

One does not have to write or even teach at all in order to bless the body of Christ. Some people have a different calling. All are important and to be esteemed. Perhaps you should consider again as to why Jesus had Paul write the epistles that he wrote, while he did not or could not have others write them. I suppose one could dictate to another so that a book of the bible could be written. I understand Peter may have done that with his epistle.

God first

Hi My loving friend Mark Sanguinetti

God bless your heart

Now let me say I do not understand your words

are you saying that I am not good enought for God to use me to write scripture

But is that not up to God not me or you

God has told me to write down my words of prophecy but he has no told me to call them scripture

Will he ever tell me or another to write scripture

I believe he has all ready in the past when we told us to speak by doctrine and the other ways

I believe words of prophecy are scripture

even since I never heard the word scripture I believe I spoke it along with every other believer who spoke word of prophecy by the spirit

with love Roy

Hi Roy:

I am just posting general knowledge here for you and others on GSC. I am not judging you negatively Roy. When I say that we should not esteem some people's service in the body of Christ above others service I am offering general knowledge from 1 Corin. chap. 12. The temptation is to elevate some functions in the body of Christ above other functions. When we were in TWI the teachers were glorified, especially Victor Wierwille. This contributed to division in the body as then some members were esteemed above others. I am trying to help break that mind set.

God first

Hi Mark Sanguinetti

Thanks its allways good to get general knowledge

You are a big help to the body of Christ and I enjoy reading your loving words

I believe we are all = and no one is above another

I understand what you mean about esteem one person above another

there were times God told me to do things and I did not want to do because I did not believe I was good enought or the right person

But I got to the point that I make sure that I do not think of myself better than others or less than others

thank you again for your loving words

with love Roy

quote:
posted by Def:

Jesus said through John we are not add to the Bible,so in that sense, no, you can't write like Paul.

I agree that Jesus said that in Revelation (thru John), but -- (honest question here) -- doesn't Rev. 22:18 {{thank you Roy, for making it a bit easier for me!!}} icon_smile.gif:)--> say "this book" and not "the bible"?? My question is -- if "this book" is mentioned, does that necessarily connote the entire bible, rather than the book of Revelation - where "all these plagues are written"? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I have always thought that that particular statement applied to the book of Revelation only, and not to the entire bible. But that is my take on it. Do you see it as pertaining to the entire bible?? If so -- why?

God first

Hi DMiller

I believe that Rev 22:18 is talking about itself here

But I all so believe we have not right to add or take away from any book that God wrote whether made to be part of the bible by man or not

If it was wrote by God telling them what to write than the rights to edit are in the hands of the writer God and his ghost writer (Paul, John, and who ever)

There are other books that have a verse that reads we are not to add or take away from it but they did not make it into the bible

Maybe this will help I think its a truth that we are not to add to God's writtens once wrote or spoken

I can not add the seven chapter to Third John which is a book of its self that was finish with only one chapter

But I believe that me and you can write a new book if God calls us to do so

You see I do not see Rev or Eph as part of a book of the bible but as books themself

What is the bible but a set of books

You see all these books were not wrote as one book but put together after than have been pass along as a book themself

with love

Thanks mark S and Danny