GreaseSpot Cafe

when and where is heaven?

SirGuess... As I so often do, I want to emphasize a word you used.

Yup, Physics. Probably will be the un-doing of religion and science - all at the same time. For it at least recognizes that the NEW of NOW is better than the OLD of THEN.

Physics, the String Theory, The String Theory for instance... is like the “new wine” that we are pressing out.

Who wants a drink??!!

The Bible Literalists?

Probably, not. They want to taste that old-time religion moonshine. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Theology is a dead language, today, IMO. It speaks using past syllables.

Visions of old.

Dreamers, they were - prophetic they were, too. Then.

But today, we use the old, their prophecies, to try and fill our hungry bellies as if it were “new drink”… and why do we feel compelled to do that?

Biblically, I used to be like one of those hoydy-toydy wine tasting snobs who critique the fact that the “Smokey cherry , oak-tones are over-powering to the nose on this Merlot... but the palette senses a subtler presence of ….” … crap!

AHH! We were Trained to be “theologians” - we were told to LICK the words of OLD - and get their flavors in order to gain an “in depth spiritual perception and awareness” and carry this childish lollipop with me into adulthood… like a spiritual Kojak! icon_smile.gif:)-->

My palette was being trained to spit my personal spiritual wine into a bucket as if it were valueless… because it did not have the right “oak tannins that so wonderfully color the nose…”

I mean, really… how many people, today think that THEIR wine is THEIR drink??

Nope. Many continue to lick the drips of moisture from past “new wine” and are taught to believe it is enough to quench thirst of today.

We ARE in the current heaven, NOW! What we taste and sense had better be a “new” wine.

I do like wine. But I shun wine snobs…. In every dimension.

It may be time to declare, that the best wine, is the new wine. The physicists have at least figured this much out. icon_wink.gif;)-->

awww...you just had to go and tip over the bottle...lol... icon_razz.gif:P-->

ok, i hear what yer saying...but also perhaps consider this...

(not "but", but "and also..." btw)

...the extreme value we get from also distinguishing the wide variety of types and styles and flavors and modes of "wine" in the now. not all are the same age, not all are the same quality or potency. even in the now, there is still an ongoing evolutionary arrangement to consider. cuz we are always moving

there is a lot of value in bringing the traditions forward. the languages. the texts. the rituals. the cultures. so much of our evolutionary development happened in those days.

if the guys who started working at the beginning of the day are not supposed to shun the guys who started working at the end of the day...what about the guys who started working at the end of the day? should they shun the old timers? ...same pay, either way.

sirg

"you gotta learn to dip your toes in hell before you get to heaven"

why is that? I've been to hell, it wasn't pretty, the dark night of the soul, Scared the hell out of me. The accuser was there, love brought me out of it. I threw the blood of Jesus in his face. Spit in the devils eye.

And God healed my heart, I told him that he got me in this in the first place and I felt the pressure release around my heart and whatever was blocking the flow of blood around my heart released, I felt it flow back through my body.

Close to death I was, and I knew it....perhaps that's why I was pushing so hard for answers.

Now I still have my ups and downs, but I'm not afraid anymore.

A toast to you, with the new wine out of a new bottle. Yet the the old wine becomes new when seen and tasted in a new light.

vert

Hey, Vert...

Glad that the pumper is back on line icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

Don't mean to trivialize, either.

I see a great example in what you said...

Your "heart" needed to know what YOU believed.

I know we have been asking scholars for centuries what they believe, and what they think, and then we are supposed to just "adopt" it.

Your wine… is always FINE.

And I totally agree with SirGuess on this, as well. I am not offended by those who went before me… And I glean their fields, with regularity. Without the shoulders of their past, to stand upon, my present would be required to complete their past. I bow and salute them all.

Rather, I want to single out the notion that God is not speaking to each of us. BALONEY. If He did not… your pumper would be stopped.

What you believe matters little to anyone else,… except YOU. And it matters to God.

God speaks to us from the heavens... in us... now... so heaven is - within us as well.

(was this last statement a gratuitous pander to the thread topic, or what?!)

quote:
(was this last statement a gratuitous pander to the thread topic, or what?!)

Nay!

quote:
TheSongRemainsTheSame

What is a "criket" ?

sirguessalot

lol, song.

i was referring to the silence...

...to which only the crikets will reply

My Mom is "hard of hearing", well that's what she claims. Actually she is legally deaf. I have been her ears for years.

Pop, Maw Maw, my two Aunts (moms side) decided a trip to California. An implant, a modified hearing aid to be sugically placed within her left ear. This device had to be tuned like a piano.

After many tunings, to perform a long words short, Mom & I were hanging in the front yard one evening. I don't remember the season, but the night was clear full of scintillating stars.

She began to wiggle her left ear with her index finger and push its lapel close open close open...

"Steve, what's that sound." softly spoke her untuned clarinet voice.

I looked to her with a little bit of a puzzle. We lip read ya know. She knows I hear her, but she also knows for her to hear me I must speak very plainly to her face.I don't even have to use my voice. Lip reading is like sign language.

"What sound are you talking about?"

"Listen Steve. It makes my ears tingle."

Well i heard the wind through the trees a sound she sees. She feels sound, like a door being slammed, she is aware the vibrations and a percussion of feeling in the air. But this time she was declaring a specific sound.

I listened.

Oh my god

she has never heard the sound of crickets.

hey guys. sorry to vanish just when things are getting interesting. speaking of "dipping," i think i've just "jumped in up to my armpits." so i hope to check back in a few days or so, once things untangle a bit more.

vert, i see no shame in such courage, my friend. i am very very glad to have you around to tell the tale. icon_smile.gif:)-->

and omg, song, thanks for telling yer criket "story." effen amazing. icon_cool.gif

tgn.... icon_wink.gif;)-->

peace,

Todd

head first, song. definately head first, it seems. icon_cool.gif

ok, now for the reason i bailed on the thread...

after almost 8 years together, my wife and i have "somehow" fallen madly in love with each other again, and have decided to court and elope again, which involves us parting for a long while, and so which also is turning out to be quite an adventure, one that is sure to change our lives most dramatically (which is why we're doin it).

and so it also seems we are most likely now somehow clinically insane. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

head first, song. definately head first, it seems. icon_cool.gif